• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LOAD BEARING GEAR

boxerboy50

Inactive
Reaction score
This is in regards to the "yoke harness pattern, load bearing" webbing. Don't know exactly what it should be referred to as... Can anyone provide me with a Dress Reg's type document for combats and combat gear? With how to wear whatever equipment and combat clothing correctly and according to standard... If not, I'm wondering wear the butt pack on the webbing should sit? On your butt? Just above your butt on your lower back? Should your web-belt be straight and level all the way around? Or should it be level on each side at the hips and drooping at the rear where the butt pack is? Just experiencing some confusing as everyone claims "their" way of wear, is the correct way.

Do you not have a section commander or instructor you should be asking.  Hell you shouldn't even be asking as if you need it, it should have been taught to you.

When it comes to your webbing go with whatever is the most comfortable and effective. Most likely your going to be moving and doing a lot of hard work wearing the stuff (Based on your trade, I guess) so you're not going to want to wear it in a way that isnt comfortable.

I was'nt aware that they issued Cadets Webbing?

well actually they do issue webbing to cadets, but its the old typer 82(i think) typer, and its horibble to wear, almost everything is borken and on most of them they are only held together by gun tape. In stead of wearing that stuff i just bring my own, and its alot easier.

Where? Eastern get the butt pack, nothing else. And that's only at CSTCs, which don't start till the last week in June for staff, first week of July for the cadets.

We get issued it with the rest of our field gear(webbing, ruck sack, bonnie hats, gloves, sweaters, and other field stuff that I can't remember.) by the way I am in 1390 Army cadets with the 78th Field Battery as our affiliated unit, and its located in Red Deer Alberta

I have a feeling that that's either a regional or unit policy. OFFICALLY, we get nothing but full dress and PT gear at LHQ, if the unit has the cash, they can issue out what they like.........at CSTC its not unheard of to get a ruck or combats though.

Man, cadets get issued PT gear?...........I'm in the army and I had to buy my own stuff.

You can have my gumbies if you want, they're a POS......with the exception of the old shoes.......

Don't think it'd be smiled upon since they say Cadets Canada on them though....

Gorf said:
Man, cadets get issued PT gear?...........I'm in the army and I had to buy my own stuff.

Would you actually want to wear the issued gear or your own stuff?  Those hot pant shorts, and '70's style canvas running shoes don't quite do it for me.

Kal said:
    Would you actually want to wear the issued gear or your own stuff?  Those hot pant shorts, and '70's style canvas running shoes don't quite do it for me.

The ancient, deep grey shorts are no longer in service either...it is now a longer more breathable short. (labelled with a small cadets leaf)

Well, that's good to hear.  Up until a little while ago, I still saw the old stuff ready for issue at the QM.  I still remember the old stuff from my army cadet days, however we were allowed to wear our own shoes and shorts...

Back