• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

It seems that bribery didn't work this time...
For any given issue, vote-killing sentiments are usually stronger than vote-gaining sentiments. Also brings to mind the description of politics as an ongoing effort to trade away the interests of people who don't support you in order to improve the interests of people who do, or might. Kind of hard to back away from such a narrowly crafted bribe, especially with that unfortunate suggestion that people should "vote Liberal" to get things.

The good news: we have unions supporting us. The bad news: that can be a double-edged sword ...
It'll be interesting to see how Team Blue eventually squares the circle on this one.

The good news: we have unions supporting us. The bad news: that can be a double-edged sword ...
It'll be interesting to see how Team Blue eventually squares the circle on this one.

I'm happy to hear him say, I need to educate myself on this before I comment. How very mature and reasonable. Refreshing.

Canadians are taxed to a ridiculous level. And the sad part is we get a terrible return on our "contributions".

Not according to this (2017) article ;)

Canada's civil service is world's most effective: UK report​

"Canada's civil service is world's most effective" is a relative measure, not an absolute one.
They didn't include things like 'program delivery', but from what I can tell, the PS does effectively deliver things generally, despite the significant competing handicaps, restrictions and challenges put in place to actually do anything.

No sane person would try and do business like this, or build processes like what we have, but when you have 200 years of bueraucratic buildup without some kind of red tape cleansing fire.

If a lot of the handcuffs were off, we'd probably deliver a lot more to Canadians, a lot sooner, and cheaper (if from not having inflation costs added on alone).

Sure, there are hang downs, oxygen thieves and useless ballast, but probably less then you would expect with that many people, constantly fighting against internal stupidity. Honestly surprised there aren't a much bigger slew of checked out, pissed off people given how stupid some of the routine things we do are.

Cabinet could smash down a lot of road bumps, empire building, etc. The ones that are competent enough seem to get kicked out and shuffled too soon, the more useless ones seem to be doing more politicking, even if they are only qualified to be lower level public servants anyway, but somehow in charge.

Mission Accomplished, North American Dictators ;)

Economic Freedom of North America 2023​

Seven of the Canadian provinces are ranked behind all 50 US states. Newfoundland & Labrador is 60th with a score of 7.47, just behind Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick (7.52), and Nova Scotia (7.54). The lowest ranked of the United States are Delaware (53rd, 7.69), New York (52nd, 7.71), and Hawaii (tied for 50th, 7.74).

A good decision in my opinion when you look at the definition of "toxic".

I just want grocery stores to give me a plastic bag again so I don't have to walk out with 5 items in my hands.

They're never 'single use' at my place!

The only thing that's toxic is our environmental minister hell bent on making Canadian lives more miserable and costly.

Been watch the Committee hearings on ArrCan. Pretty disgusting.

Procurement must be fixed with the next government.

NEW Evidence Has MASSIVE IMPLICATIONS on Exposing TRUDEAU​

Back