• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Letter for re-enrollment waiver

DAHOK987

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm sorry if there is another thread regarding this information, but I was unable to find it. The built in website search bar was disabled, and I was unable to yield any results with the F3 search option either. My question is, to whom should I address my letter, which I need to write to be given my re-enrollment waiver. The letter I was sent doesn't specify to whom if should be addressed, just that it needs to be sent to the Recruiting Centre. It did state that the Commanding Officer of the Detachment must approve the waiver, so should it be addressed to him? Also, I know the Forces smiles upon proper letter format, would someone be able to point me in the direction of a template that I could follow in order to make sure I have the correct one? Any and all help/advice would help so much!

Thank you!

Address it to the recruiting team.
As for template, use onw from Microsoft Word. They have a tonne.
On the contrary, call a recruiter and see what is going on with waiver. See id its actually been sent to the CO.
If not, ask why not and when it will be. They will give you answers.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Ryan_T said:
Address it to the recruiting team.
As for template, use onw from Microsoft Word. They have a tonne.
On the contrary, call a recruiter and see what is going on with waiver. See id its actually been sent to the CO.
If not, ask why not and when it will be. They will give you answers.

Thank you for the advice! I did think of using a Microsoft Word one, but I know they aren't all correct. When I was Reg F a few years ago, a letter I wrote to our Platoon Commander requesting leave, I used a Microsoft Word template, and it was rejected, due to format being incorrect. If all else fails I will use one, but hopefully somebody sees this that knows the exact specifications, since I like to be thorough xD

They shouldnt have turned it down. Maybe do a google search for the formats. But i still recommend just calling them. You'll get further that way. Remember, they have to process the letter and that can take time.

Oh, I know. I haven't written it yet. I figured I'd just put this out there, and if I don't hear from someone who knows, I'll call the recruiting center on Monday. Thanks again!

For reference, perhaps,

Letter for re-enrollment waiver

will be merged with,

Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/294.475
37 pages.

DAHOK987 said:
Just hoping someone out there will be able to give me an idea what my recruitment is gonna be like this time round.

DAA said:
The same as the last time but you will now require a re-enrolment "waiver".  You will have to "prove" that you have over come the reasons for VRing the first time around and they will most likely want a letter from you outlining this. 

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Wow, that quote was a while ago. Good idea with the merger. I found some basic information in there, just nothing regarding my exact question.

Thank you! So far everything has gone well. My aptitude test was still valid, and approved me for my trade. Medical and Interview went off without a hitch, and my interviewer said getting my waiver was pretty much just a formality, since he said he would speak to the CO regarding the reasons which I discussed with him that day. So once thats outta the way I should be merit listed and ready to go! :)

I just recently did my waiver. Haven't heard anything since then. Last step is my medical in a couple weeks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

CF1994 said:
I just recently did my waiver. Haven't heard anything since then. Last step is my medical in a couple weeks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I am waiting for my waiver as well. It apparently can take 2-3 months for accept/ not accept. Its a long wait.

DAHOK987 said:
Thank you! So far everything has gone well. My aptitude test was still valid, and approved me for my trade. Medical and Interview went off without a hitch, and my interviewer said getting my waiver was pretty much just a formality, since he said he would speak to the CO regarding the reasons which I discussed with him that day. So once thats outta the way I should be merit listed and ready to go! :)
I didnt know aptitude test expire.

Ryan_T said:
It what time frame. I did mine 6 yrs ago

They told me 5 years, but that may be just something new thats come in since when you did yours. They would have told you up front if you needed to re-do yours.

I'd be surprised if they do. I wrote mine in 2005, rejoined the Reg Force last month and have never needed to rewrite. My understanding is a rewrite is only required if you failed to meet the cutoff for a trade you wish to apply for.

Johnson101 said:
I wrote my aptitude test in 2009 and it's still valid.
TrunkMonkey315 said:
I'd be surprised if they do. I wrote mine in 2005, rejoined the Reg Force last month and have never needed to rewrite. My understanding is a rewrite is only required if you failed to meet the cutoff for a trade you wish to apply for.

I'm just relaying what I was told. My apologies if the information was misconstrued. My CFAT was not the reason for my question, however xD

DAA said:
CFAT was good for life, provided they could pull the scores.  However, I am pretty sure the new policy is good for life if written after the middle of 2010, not sure of which month.  So if you did your CFAT in 2002, you "might" need a "rewrite" but I am not entirely certain.

See also,

CFAT Waiver
https://army.ca/forums/threads/28030.50.html
3 pages.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) FAQ 
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/23193.475
36 pages.

CFAT rewrite
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+cfat+trade&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=MY3GWO7GIsiC8QevhLfgDg&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+cfat+rewrite&*

etc...

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

In regards to proper format for your letter/memo (i.e. Staff & Writing Procedures)... keep in mind that you're not back in as of yet.  The staff & writing guide wouldn't apply to you....

However the rough format is

--------------
SECURITY DESIGNATION/CLASSIFICATION

Address where the letter is going

File Number

Date

Your Address

Letter Reason

Reference(s): A.
B.
C.

1. Para 1

2. Para 2

3. Para 3

Your signature block

SECURITY DESIGNATION/CLASSIFICATION
----------
Margins are 1" all the way around, font should be Times New Roman 12pt
You only use "References: A. B. C." if you have more than one, otherwise it's "Reference: "

Back