• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Laying a Wreath

EITS - no, I'm trying to remember last year when I was in the parade with my regiment.  We removed headdress and some point, I just don't remember at which point.  I know not to salute without headdress, that's why I was a little confused (I was certain that last year we removed headdress for the two minutes of silence, now I'm not so sure).

I'm sending off an email to get more details on where I'm supposed to be in relation to everyone else.

CanadianTire said:
EITS - no, I'm trying to remember last year when I was in the parade with my regiment.  We removed headdress and some point, I just don't remember at which point.  I know not to salute without headdress, that's why I was a little confused (I was certain that last year we removed headdress for the two minutes of silence, now I'm not so sure).

I'm sending off an email to get more details on where I'm supposed to be in relation to everyone else.

Arrive a few minutes early and talk to the person in charge to make sure you understand what the organizers have planned. The organizers are, usually, Royal Canadian Legion people - many with previous military service - but they often follow old rules and that's OK. Don't break any important rules (saluting when headdress is removed, etc) but follow the organizers' rules for their ceremony and be a bit flexible. The vital thing is to do your part with the grace and dignity the occasion demands - you are honouring our war dead, those who have made the supreme sacrifice for you and me, not participating in a drill competition. If in doubt do the most dignified thing.

Back