• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Latest tease the soldier kit

MedTech said:
um... maybe it's just me, but what about all the army personnel that routinely transit on our TacHel and other aircrafts? Their clothing aren't static, blah blah blah blah blah proof... what bout them?

Good point MedTech

I can't remember how many jumps I have made from various AC and nobody ever told me I couldn't get on the plane because my kit didn't meet AF standards

riggermade said:
Good point MedTech

I can't remember how many jumps I have made from various AC and nobody ever told me I couldn't get on the plane because my kit didn't meet AF standards

Sounds like the one time I boarded an Airbus in Trenton: "Sir, do you have any nail files or such other dangerous items in your carry-ons?"  Well...  Normally, the guys flying behind me have way more dangerous things than nail files...

Thanks for the input guys...  In all fairness, the folks are trying: they have been "trialing" new boots for us for longer than it took us to get rid of Nazi Europe...

I just still think it is funny... static issue. I can't get any of the other stuff... but in my trade we do REFUELING!!!
SPARKY SPARKY

But then again, I am in the army.
Nothing has to make sense. Me talking to the neighbours dog makes no sense either. Beats me. 

BTW AirMich.. I got pair of gumbies that have about 10 years of dust on them (<-- bonus). Also some PT shorts... one may have a skid mark in it.  :dontpanic:

Nfld Sapper said:
Yeah you won't be allowed to use that on those courses unless every member of the course has it issued.

I wouldn't say that.The field is the field.More and more instructors are lenient towards after market kit.Personally when I'm teaching section attacks,if a kid wants to wear knee pads all the power to him.Now if some people are around who cares (old crusty bastards who use the old phrase "If you need it,QM will issue it".I'll just tell the student to put it in under his combats/windpant etc.

I hate kit sl*ts.However if a guy buys a piece of kit to save strain and damage to his person, I won't tell him not to wear it in the field.Garrison....they better look like carbon copies. ;)

But that's just me personally.And my theory's are subject to change,when I'm told what my theory's are by higher.

I recently did 2 very cold weeks in the field for BMQ.

Our staff was reluctant to allow us any gucci kit at first, but the extremely cold temperatures created some leaniency.  The black combat gloves and liners were absolutely useless once things got decently cold so a pair of aftermarket gloves was a must if you didn't want to wear the gawd awful artic mitts.  Infact, most people's gloves were still ineffective and many wore the "dopey mitts" constantly.  Blinding sun and blowing snow made eye protection a must at times and the issue googles are a little unwieldy.  Sunglasses were popular.  The combat scarf was in use by many but I found it way too bulky and a pain (I didn't use anything but the collar of the parka) and some people had the fleece neck warmer/mask that they bought from the Canex.  The rest made do with the white belaclava (or some combination of it, the neckwarmer, combat toque, and skull cap).

MedTech said:
um... maybe it's just me, but what about all the army personnel that routinely transit on our TacHel and other aircrafts? Their clothing aren't static, blah blah blah blah blah proof... what bout them?

Uhmmm Blah blah blah,

Ask the freakin' Air Force OK?? It's their damn rules. And while your at it, ask them why they won't let their guys serving in Tac Hels wear Army kit... maybe they're having another one of those identity crises'. The Air Force decides what AF pers wear, not supply. Period. Full stop...blah blah blah.

+10 Vern.

Now what the new rain gear that was modeled on the Air Force one?  ;D

The Librarian said:
Uhmmm Blah blah blah,

Ask the freakin' Air Force OK?? It's their damn rules. And while your at it, ask them why they won't let their guys serving in Tac Hels wear Army kit... maybe they're having another one of those identity crises'. The Air Force decides what AF pers wear, not supply. Period. Full stop...blah blah blah.

HEY HEY~ Dont jump on me Vern  :p I was just asking a question and in NO way was I blaming supply at all! YOU KNOW that you guys are my favourite people!  ;D

MedTech said:
HEY HEY~ Dont jump on me Vern  :p I was just asking a question and in NO way was I blaming supply at all! YOU KNOW that you guys are my favourite people!  ;D

Always third place.Cook's,clerks,supply.I cant do without food or pay.And I always like new kit.

Supply is great if you treat them good.I find once you get a rapport with them they treat you like gold.More so here in Gagetown than Petawawa I found.

MedTech said:
They're not playing about with the fuel and such.

We don't make you all suit up in flashy multi-zippered Nomex or wear life preservers for all flights either, as your exposure to our set of constant risks is considerably less than ours.

Although, personally, I believe that everybody should be wearing flame-proof clothing in any operational environment...

Loachman said:
Although, personally, I believe that everybody should be wearing flame-proof clothing in any operational environment...

Now why would you go and ruin a perfectly good thread by making sense?

CDN Aviator said:
2 weeks ?

Oh the horror....... :crybaby:

(just kidding)

;)

Heh, I loved getting out for my first taste of the field. 

It really was frigggin' cold though, with lots of wind and snow.  I don't know if there's any instructors on here who can testify to the conditions in Farnham over the last month or so, but they've been a good test for recruits, that's for sure.  It was fun (and frustrating as hell sometimes) watching some fellow recruits really fall apart and shut 'er down.

Sig_Des said:
Now why would you go and ruin a perfectly good thread by making sense?
One would think that that would have been beaten out of me long ago, but I try not to be too reasonable.

Back