• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Latest tease the soldier kit

genesis98

Inactive
Reaction score
Can we get a list of all the latest Tease the soldier kit that has been issued in the last few years on the go as well as a link to the latest complete field allocation scale, I'm sure it will help a lot of new guys that come on to the site as well answer a lot of questions.

Clothe the Soldier (CTS)
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/2_e.asp

Looking on the website it now states that the rucksack is in contracting. Not that I am expecting much, based on the small pack, but does anyone in the know have any idea when it will start being issued?

PhilB said:
Looking on the website it now states that the rucksack is in contracting. Not that I am expecting much, based on the small pack, but does anyone in the know have any idea when it will start being issued?

I'll try going downtairs tomorrow and asking one of the LCMMs. Maybe shoot off an email.

Good point TM, I dont know what I was thinking expecting decent kit in a timely manner form CTS! :rage:

PhilB said:
Good point TM, I dont know what I was thinking expecting decent kit in a timely manner form CTS! :rage:

It may be decent when they design it  ::), but by the time we get it, it is 10 years out of date.  For example the new ruck is outdated now when compared to any new civi model  ::)

Michael O'Leary said:
Clothe the Soldier (CTS)
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/2_e.asp

Thanks but not quite what I meant. But great reply. I was thinking more along the lines of the kit that has not been posted on the website.
Ex. The new ranger blanket, and knee pads etc.

TN2IC said:
New Ranger blanket is in the system.

Please tell me that you are not talking about the thermal blanket that's been issued out of some clothing stores for the better part of 3 years now? Not necessarily new kit. New to you maybe but not new to the system. Just another one of those pieces of kit that takes years to makes it way onto the soldier through the system.

And this one wasn't even a Clothe the Soldier item!!

The Librarian said:
Please tell me that you are not talking about the thermal blanket that's been issued out of some clothing stores for the better part of 3 years now? Not necessarily new kit. New to you maybe but not new to the system. Just another one of those pieces of kit that takes years to makes it was onto the soldier through the system.

And this one wasn't even a Clothe the Soldier item!!

Are we talking about the CADPAT one with the zipper around the edge and the zippered hole so it can be used as a poncho liner ?

cdnaviator said:
Are we talking about the CADPAT one with the zipper around the edge and the zippered hole so it can be used as a poncho liner ?

Yep that would be the Thermal Blanket.

The Librarian said:

well, whatever its called i like it......good on long transit flights

I love it... it is great when the wife kicks me out of bed.

;D

The Librarian said:

Guess I will have to make a visit to 3ASG Clothing  ;D as I can't seem to find it here at Station or my Unit.

That blanket has no thermal in it whats so freakin ever! haha had it in Afghanistan. Went out in the hills for a few days and lets say it lined my bunk for the rest of the tour and i switched back to the american one but hey it looks good and has some nice add on's.

Nfld Sapper said:
Some people think it is a new sleeping bag linner too  :eek:

It IS the new sleeping bag liner. The thermal blanket is a one for one exchange. You bring in your SB liner and ranger blanket and we take the two of them to issue you the thermal blanket.

Pers serving on certain tours (Ie TFA) are entitled to be re-issued their SB liner for the tour. Once the tour has ended though, entitlement to continue holding both ceases and the SB liner is supposed to be returned as part of your kit AAG.

I don't know why, and I don't know who came up with that wonderful scale entitlement. Nobody I've met is happy with the TB as the SB liner. That old flannel was nice...and warm too.

Back