• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Languages you know

How many languages do you know (enough to carry on a conversation/understand a newspaper article)?

Votes: 27 31.0%

Votes: 35 40.2%

Votes: 19 21.8%

Votes: 3 3.4%

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 6 or more

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
First: English
Second: French (6 years in school, barely functional)
Third: Japanese (fully functional, lived there for 5 years, can read newspapers etc)
Others: Spanish, Georgian (each one semesters worth in Uni)
Lastly: Russian, Farsi (self-study and tutored basics for travelling)

I would like to take a serious crack at Arabic, but I should truly learn Russian first.

English (Canadian, American and UK/Aust versions), plus a ripper of a swag of Aussie slang, and enough French to get may face slapped (this is no 'porky pie' either  :p ), I can remember a few times in Hull alone, but that was the summer of 1982.

Cold beers,

Wes

Danish: mothertongue.
Swedish: Read, write, understand most and speak it fairly well.
Norwegian: Read, write ( - understandably), understand most (if it isn't nynorsk/new-norwegian) and speak very little.

Though each a language in its own right, they are of course strongly related to eachother... As well as Islandic and Faroese...
It's a viking thing ;)

English, i hope.
Very little german and even less french.

English is my "native" language, but I also grew up speaking the odd bit of Finnish too. I've learned a bit more of the language within the past couple years - enough to fascinate me. Oddly enough, I can read Finnish slightly better than I can speak it.  ???

I can understand a tiny bit of written Norwegian as well.

Back