• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lag Between Interview Email and Call to Book

Armes

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Searched the boards but couldn't find a similar post.

I received the email that my file had been moved forward for Interview/Med scheduling on March 5Th, and to contact the recruiting centre if I didn't receive a call within 10 days. When that mark was hit, I emailed the recruiting centre, figuring I'd likely hear it'd be after the start of the new fiscal year - Which is what I was told in the reply.

I emailed again yesterday to follow up (not wanting to bug but genuinely curious) and was told "we'll call you when we're ready to proceed."

Is this a fairly common thing and was it perhaps a bit of wishful thinking/exuberance on my part hoping it would happen faster? Any advice from those who have been there before would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Armes

Armes said:
I emailed again yesterday to follow up (not wanting to bug but genuinely curious) and was told "we'll call you when we're ready to proceed."

Is this a fairly common thing and was it perhaps a bit of wishful thinking/exuberance on my part hoping it would happen faster?

SELECTION PROCESS ESTIMATE 
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/118428.0.html

It's a busy time for the RCs now, so that they said they would call you when they're ready is good for now. At least you seem to be on their radar.

Patience is a virtue throughout the process. Just keep in mind that there are hundreds/thousands of applicants and there are varying priorities for the RC staff with regard to whom to process first (depends on trade/occupation, entry plan, time of the year, etc.), so... it's time to hurry up and wait. 

If you look at some of the Application Process Samples on this forum, some people wait 2-3 years to receive an offer. :warstory:

That's fair. Just wanted to know if it should be something to be concerned about or if it was another of the "hurry up and wait" things I keep hearing about.

Thanks!

Armes said:
That's fair. Just wanted to know if it should be something to be concerned about or if it was another of the "hurry up and wait" things I keep hearing about.

Thanks!

It's definitely a fine balance between checking up regularly to ensure your file is being completed and just waiting for things to be processed.

You'll know when you're being too eager. For example, when you show up at the RC and the staff say, "You know, you could've just called, right?" or "You again?!"  ...Ah, those were the days.

Anyway, just check your junk mail in case any e-mails slip through.

Hi, just dropping off some information that I'm aware of.
Currently in the application process Interview and Med stage, which was generously booked for me at the end of April, and when I say Generous, I really mean Generous.

While I was being booked in, I was being shown the booking appointment information on his computer and how packed it is for both Interviews and Medicals (This is Toronto)[Both RegF & PRes]
Packed to the point where they're sending Torontonians to Hamilton for their medicals.
I was lucky enough to be booked in, and I sure as shit took any date they offered me at this point regardless of if there's a hurricane storm that day or not.

From my guess, it'll be 1~3 month to get called in at earliest, to the end of time, from what I've gathered up.

Best of luck to you!

Wow thats a long time. Im trying to get into the reserves in Toronto. I am awaiting for my medical/interview. I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer. Thanks for the info. This thread helped a lot.

Back