• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kuwait Medal of Liberation available

Aaahh, now you tell me.
Thanks.    ;D
Another chance to travel on my dime to get a medal I can't wear.  Starting to get cheesed at this whole schamossle altogether. ???  Just send it in the mail like they originally promised. 
But, I rant!

CANFORGEN 060/07 CMP 024/07 261507Z MAR 07
THE KUWAIT MEDAL OF LIBERATION OF KUWAIT - UPDATE
UNCLASSIFIED

REFERENCE: CANFORGEN 076/06 CMP 034 260917Z APR 06

PARAGRAPH 3 OF REFERENCE IS AMENDED AS FOLLOW QUOTE SERVING PERSONNEL OF THE CANADIAN FORCES WHO WERE PRESENTED THE CANADIAN GULF AND KUWAIT MEDAL ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE KUWAIT MEDAL OF LIBERATION OF KUWAIT UNQUOTE. RECIPIENTS OF THE UN IRAQ - KUWAIT OBSERVER MISSION (UNIKOM) MEDAL WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS MEDAL

FURTHER TO THE REFERENCE, DISTRIBUTION OF THE MEDAL HAS NOT YET STARTED FOR SERVICE PERSONNEL. CEREMONIES WILL BE HELD OVER THE COURSE OF THE NEXT SIX MONTHS IN CANADIAN CITIES WHERE REPRESENTATIVES OF THE STATE OF KUWAIT WILL PRESENT THE MEDAL TO SERVING CANADIAN FORCES PERSONNEL

CANADIAN FORCES PERSONNEL WHO APPLIED FOR THE MEDAL AS DIRECTED AT REFERENCE WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND THE CLOSEST CEREMONY. FURTHER INSTRUCTION CONCERNING THESE EVENTS WILL BE PROVIDED BY CHIEF MILITARY PERSONNEL IN THE NEAR FUTURE

Retired pers who have not received their medals will also be invited to attend one of these ceremonies.  If you don't want to go or wait till this road-show comes to a city near (or not so near) you, you can still contact the Kuwait Embassy. 

Talk to "George" at (613) 780-9999 ext 230 and make a point of telling him that you do not want a presentation and to send the medal to your address.

I'd love to sound off on this but I can't.  Suffice to say I understand why so many people are pissed about this whole affair.  What I can confirm is that the CF is not driving this ship, please do not shoot the messenger.

Yes, maybe a mod can merge these two into one entitled "Kuwait Liberation of Kuwait medal"?  or "How I learned to stop worrying and love the Kuwaiti Ambassador"

Well, I was into work the other day to check my e-mails and clear my inbox before I head out overseas.  Lo and behold there's an e-mail there from "someone" about a parade at some Toronto Armouries for....get this...that day.  So, I didn't go. 
Then the other day, I was out and my wife gets a phone call from "someone", "did your husband go to the parade?" "No", she says. "Thank you" and hung up.
So, I think it'll be in the mail and I'll get it in six months.
Later All.
:army:

Back