• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Krispy Kreme or Tim Hortons?

Gramps said:
Anyone know if there is a Krispy Kreme anywhere near Trenton or are they all out of Ontario now?

Mississauga, ON, 401 Exit 336, third set of lights take a right and you are there.  :D

You're welcome.

I have never had a decent cup of coffee in a freakin' starbucks.  EVER!  Now that being said I am a staunch Timmie's fan when it comes to coffee but the donuts leave much to be desired IMHO. (especially since they started shipping them frozen out of Toronto ick!)  The local Sobey's makes em fresh and they are fricken huge and still $5.00 per dozen.  Kids love em, me too!

Gramps said:
Since Timmies went to their new donut making method they suck. They used to be made fresh but now are more or less just a frozen lump of crap that they thaw out for you.

I'm kind of glad I moved out of the country before that sad day happened  :(    I was shocked when I heard about it.

Bobby Rico said:
I have it on good authority that Starbucks dumps battery acid in their coffee.

I had never tried Starbucks coffee until a woman at work made some when I first got there about six years ago. After all that terrible coffee in the army, I had never thought I'd find one I couldn't drink or even stand the smell of. Starbucks coffee was it. I still cringe when I think of it.

This thread should be locked for even questioning Timmies!  I'll always be loyal/addicted to my Tim Hortons.  :salute:

As for service at tims, well, Ive worked the other side of the counter and I say this:

-Nobody really wants to work at Tim's ( cant blame them)
-Rather sizable cadre of newbies working the floor (many still on probation)

This leads to a rather noticeable time duration waiting to make an order and to receive it, due to employee shortages,  and accounts for some wrong orders

Our store is on an island with poor roads, so trucking is often not on schedule leading to shortages.

The place is a victim of its own success: The place is just to damn busy..... that simple....

Customers that are slow, dont have money ready, making successive orders, taking their time to make orders, not understanding the specials or deals

Its also extremely easy to mix up orders, cream can be confused with milk, tea with coffee, regular with decaf, and when you have to serve a high volume of people in a fast amount of time, mistakes will happen, what do you expect ? It Happens, and it does not happen as much as people think

Im just saying this inresponse to people who are always giving employees a hard time, honestly people expect too much out of Tim Hortons and get more upset at timmies at a screwed up order than they would at any other fast food place (some people honestly don't believe timmies is fast food)

Proud_Newfoundlander said:
As for service at tims, well, Ive worked the other side of the counter and I say this:

-Nobody really wants to work at Tim's ( cant blame them)
-Rather sizable cadre of newbies working the floor (many still on probation)

This leads to a rather noticeable time duration waiting to make an order and to receive it, due to employee shortages,  and accounts for some wrong orders

Our store is on an island with poor roads, so trucking is often not on schedule leading to shortages.

The place is a victim of its own success: The place is just to damn busy..... that simple....

Customers that are slow, dont have money ready, making successive orders, taking their time to make orders, not understanding the specials or deals

Its also extremely easy to mix up orders, cream can be confused with milk, tea with coffee, regular with decaf, and when you have to serve a high volume of people in a fast amount of time, mistakes will happen, what do you expect ? It Happens, and it does not happen as much as people think

Im just saying this inresponse to people who are always giving employees a hard time, honestly people expect too much out of Tim Hortons and get more upset at timmies at a screwed up order than they would at any other fast food place (some people honestly don't believe timmies is fast food)

Agree for the most part. Though the local Timmie's here I have seen several times where I am in the drive-through and there is only one vehicle ahead of me, and they are having a merry old chat with the vehicle for several minutes while I am getting ready to play destruction derby.

Can't blame most of the employee's though, some just do not care about their job and are slow or uncaring. (but you find people like that anywhere).

I got to say though, although I find a lot of the Timmie's I go into now seem to have a lot of In-Training's, I have NEVER had my coffee order messed up yet :D

All aside, I can not go to work without a Timmie's accompanying me :D

Yeah, lots of In-Trainings. Timmies is rather behind the curb with treatment of employees, paid less than mcdoanlds, less help, more crap from customers, more responsibilities, last to update thier uniforms (the previous ones were terrible). Suffice to say the brand name draws youngsters in, but the "machine" spits them out. Word around school is that its not a fun place to work. Not to mention all the crappy scheduling, and call in's and midnights

Yeah, lots of In-Trainings. Timmies is rather behind the curb with treatment of employees, paid less than mcdoanlds, less help, more crap from customers, more responsibilities, last to update thier uniforms (the previous ones were terrible). Suffice to say the brand name draws youngsters in, but the "machine" spits them out. Word around school is that its not a fun place to work. Not to mention all the crappy scheduling, and call in's and midnights

I have never worked there. But my niece, and several friends have/do. It definitely gets to you. Especially the one around here which seems to have a little 'group' of some of the older girls that have been there who will pretty much 'remove' anyone they do not like working there. As for wages, I get paid the same as them right NOW (convenience store) so that never occurs to me. They get tips which make them easily earn more then me haha.

Couple years ago when I went around to all the local stores to find a part-time job, we can just say Tim's was one of the places I never put a resume in.. even though they were the only place with an actual 'Help-Wanted' sign hehe.

Yeah, I couldnt get a job at Mcdonalds here, but I got an intewrview with Timmies on the spot. Once I get my guitar amp and roughly 1000 dollars in savings Im quitting asap. Quit once after two months, enough for me, here at this one for 4 months

Yeah, I couldnt get a job at Mcdonalds here, but I got an intewrview with Timmies on the spot. Once I get my guitar amp and roughly 1000 dollars in savings Im quitting asap. Quit once after two months, enough for me, here at this one for 4 months

Ah, well good luck!  ;D

Hear about st.johns here ? New by law stating that drivethroughs will close until they figure out how to deal with all the traffic spilling out into public roads

I’m most likely going to get flamed for treason for this but I personally don’t find Tim Horton’s worth the inevitable wait in the line up (both at the counter or in the drive through) As someone who normally drinks coffee to wake up I normally get my “off to work joe” from the local Mac’s (Seattle’s Best I do believe) or the Petro Can (Java Stop). I find Tim Horton’s DD way to diluted and their single single tastes no better then the above offerings and for them I don’t have to spend 10 or 15 minutes in line for it. On the occasion I want a coffee for the actual coffee aroma and taste I prefer Starbucks but since I like having money in my wallet I try to limit those occasions. I must say that on recent trips down to work with our American brothers in arms I was very surprised at MacDonald’s premium coffee offerings – Quite shocked and pleased – great tasting and cheap. The doughnuts at Tim Horton’s use to be awesome as well but now certainly don’t merit the wait as well and now I only find myself drinking Tim Horton’s when someone else in the unit does a coffee run but damn I certainly wish I had shares in the company!

Now if Starbucks was on the way to work, my money would be spent there.

I don't mind Tim's but I certainly don't drink as much of it as I used to.  I agree, the line-ups are usually ridiculous and the service slow.  The one closest to me here in Ottawa is busy and their coffee tastes burnt (bet they don't abide by that 20 minute rule during "rush" hour  ::) ).

I make coffee and have a cup at home before heading out to work.  I used to bring one with me but I find it's cold by the time I get there, even in a travel mug, so I stopped for the winter.  On Fridays, my "treat" is to stop at Second Cup and get a Vanilla Bean Latte.  ;D

I also agree that McDonald's coffee is much better since they've changed it and their coffee and muffin deal is pretty good!

I don't like either Krispy Kreme - doughnuts that put you into a diabetic coma even if you're not diabetic. or Tim's all that much.  (save 3 Tim's doughnuts - sour cream glazed, boston cream, and the hard to find chocolate toasted coconut - so far I've only ever seen it at the Tim's in Westphal)  Not a coffee drinker at all (it all tastes like dirtwater).  Though I'll take a Second Cup hot chocolate any day of the week.

I like Tims, but I don't buy it at the coffee shop. I usually get a few cans of Tims  from the nearest grocery store and brew my own at home and thermos it to work. I bought one of those mug warmers from Cdn Tire that you plug into a 12 volt receptacle in your car, keeps the java nice and hot. Beats sitting in line for 20 minutes in the morning.

Now that I'm out job hunting again after my layoff, that mug warmer gets lots of use over the course of a day.

I don't know what the big deal is with Krispy Cream donuts, they taste like your eating a bag of sugar. The only Tims donuts I like are the Boston Cream.

I am a baker at Tim's, I enjoy it and the people I work with. All the free coffee in the world while I'm at work.  Yep, there are quite often a fair share of people 'in training,' but there are a few reasons for that.

A)  Even after the probation, making a new nametag without the 'in training' written on it is at the very bottom of the to do list for management, and...

B)  A lot of people work only long enough to save enough money for things like a new car or guitar amp, then quit.

Any of you folk who drive past Windsor on the 101, drop by to say 'hi,' it gets boring for the bakers after Christmas.

Midget

Having been to both venues, at Timmy's in Regina in August, and Krispy Kremes here in Aussie, I have to go with the KK's for overall the best quality and taste. However they do not have maple dipped donuts here, and those make me go as insane as the CoCo Bird of CoCo Puffs fame.

Same with those Dare Maple cookies.

WRT coffee, I don't drink that stuff, so can't compare.

OWDU

Just reading through this is giving me massive donut withdrawl's! I'd prefer Tim Hortons (this is corny) for the memories of Canada but Krispy Kremes may have to suffice, if i can find it. I NEED A DONUT THOUGH!

Back