• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kosovo video... a lil inappropriate :S

Hedgehog18

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/kosovo.html

I thought it was funny though not something to really laugh at i guess
:cdn:
what do you think?

omg, lol!!!
Somewhere far over the seas, there's a place called Kosovo, that's where u don't want to go, if ur Albanian at all. 
Protecting human rights, air strikes and fire fights, and we'll be dropping bombs, wherever serbian bad guys hide!

yeha i thoght it was way funner than the "day-o" song that makes fun of bin laden

:cdn:

LOL that was amazing. were they americans? i think they were. but that was great.

-Hutch- said:
LOL that was amazing. were they americans? i think they were. but that was great.

It states in the video summary that they were Norwegian.  I'm pretty sure I saw the Norwegian flag on the uniforms aswell.

ya but why wouldn't it be in Norwegian?  all the versions on the internet are in English. i am not doubting that it is Norwegian, i am just wondering why it is in English, and might i an perfect English with no accents.

I'm guessing they used English to make it more widely accessible and probably because they were spoofing an English song. *shrugs* Your guess is as good as mine. =)

As to the lack of accent, when I was living in Europe I was consistently impressed with how well young Scandinavians spoke English. When I asked them about it, they explained it was in part due to the heavy emphasis on teaching English in the school system (face it, the rest of the world is not going to learn Norwegian to talk to them) and the fact the TV stations subtitle all the American shows rather than dub them like the bigger European powers. Exposure is everything when it comes to learning foreign languages.

Haha, this was posted at another military forum recently too. The Norwegians there found it amusing as well.

I don't understand Norwegian very well, so the video being in English is a boon.
icon_wink.gif

Kippis!

~Finn

It's a North American songf by a guy named Bob Rivers I have had a copy of the Kosovo song for years, either way though it was a great video kudos to the the norgies for have a go at it   :dontpanic:

This has been around for a while.  It was made by some soldiers in the Norwegian Battle Group in Kosovo a couple of years ago.  How do I know?  I received a copy months ago from a Norwegian officer who was there at the time.  There's another one about dogs (that I don't have and haven't seen - it involved the culling of stray dogs in theatre) that caused quite a scandal in Norway at around the same time...

Cheers,

TR

kas said:
I'm guessing they used English to make it more widely accessible and probably because they were spoofing an English song. *shrugs* Your guess is as good as mine. =)

why would, that one van say Military police in English? do all the military's have it in the same language, or would they of just painted it in English for the sake of the song?

it doesn't really matter though. it is hilarious anyway

Card_11 said:
That was great!! I needed a good laugh today. I was browsing the site afterwards and found this one amusing as well. Probably because this person in the video is just like one of my friends I used to room with. Enjoy!

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/dancingroommate.html

Wow, That video has appeared on this site more times then I can Even comprehend and thats just since I joined It seems like everyweek its posted again each time from a different site. At least this time it didn't appear as its own thread again

Future Unknown said:
Wow, That video has appeared on this site more times then I can Even comprehend and thats just since I joined It seems like everyweek its posted again each time from a different site. At least this time it didn't appear as its own thread again

Where I come from, we call that "Royal Mudmarines Syndrome"  ;)

(Case in point, the repost of this movie: http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/docs/Mirror/0005BCD9-B47E-1FC4-846980BFB6FA0000.mpg)

RMM!  ;D (Ask Maine Finn. She'll tell ya how it is.)

Lexi, is that the video of some brits doing a failed beach landing an sinking in the mud?

Seen it a dozen times, also they weren't marines, the guys laughing in the background are though. The guys sinking are Army Soldiers from the Artillery.

Lexi said:
Where I come from, we call that "Royal Mudmarines Syndrome"   ;)

(Case in point, the repost of this movie: http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/docs/Mirror/0005BCD9-B47E-1FC4-846980BFB6FA0000.mpg)

RMM!   ;D (Ask Maine Finn. She'll tell ya how it is.)

ya someone posted a topic with that video. it is titled french troops arrive in Iraq

MikeL said:
Lexi, is that the video of some brits doing a failed beach landing an sinking in the mud?

Seen it a dozen times, also they weren't marines, the guys laughing in the background are though. The guys sinking are Army Soldiers from the Artillery.

I'm aware of that, but I wasn't the one who made up Royal Mudmarines Syndrome.  ;)
(Wait... aren't you a member of militaryphotos.net?  :p)

would it be a good Idea to make a post with all the funny videos on this site and sticky it up at the top of the off topic forum? and if the Video has a topic attached to it we would just post the link under the URL. I personally think it would cut back on the double posting . just a thought though

Back