• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

knowtheforces.ca

canada94,

I was "hard on him" because his initial post/suggestion lacked alot and I am very protective of what info potential future members of the CF receive.

I have spent years training DP1 infantry (RegF) and then administering the pers who had difficulty completing their training for one reason or another.

I truly want to protect the interest of the future troops and hope they receive good and reliable info.

Cheers and good luck.

TheNoob said:
Haha thanks.

I'll be paying monthly for the hosting which is only $3.99/month.
I have a server, and I would be happy to host this for the placement of a small (approx. 150x50 pixel) banner at the bottom. No cost whatsoever.

If you're interested then send an email to: alex@alexcrooks.com

Thanks Crooks A, I'll keep you posted.

48th regulator, yes lol It's not an impossible thing to do. It's quite easy actually. It will take some time and some hard research, but it can and will be done.

And Armyrick, I understand where you are coming from, but I assure you that all the information on the website will be official CF content and information.

I like it. I used army.ca when I was in the recruiting process and it was a pain in the butt at times. You have to search through tread after tread filled with arguments and conflicting information. If he is giving potential recruits this site a source then it is up to them to determine the reliability of what is said, and explore the arguments presented on this site if they want to do so. His site would show the information he agrees with, and thinks will help most with the recruiting process. As someone who has gone through the system recently he will know what applies now and is relevant.

You should have a section there for all of those who wish to join the Navy S.E.A.L.S.

armoured29 said:
I like it. I used army.ca when I was in the recruiting process and it was a pain in the butt at times. You have to search through tread after tread filled with arguments and conflicting information. If he is giving potential recruits this site a source then it is up to them to determine the reliability of what is said, and explore the arguments presented on this site if they want to do so. His site would show the information he agrees with, and thinks will help most with the recruiting process. As someone who has gone through the system recently he will know what applies now and is relevant.

I'll be giving all the information needed to do well in the application process and what to expect, and of course common, important questions which will be answered with correct information. It's not what I agree with, it's what the CF believes in and their rules and policies.

I will be looking forward to seeing your end result! I think it's a good potential idea.

As for people who think that responses on here are being a bit overly critical, remember your drill sgts people who enter the CF should have developed at least a minimal s*** blocking skin by the point of even being done Bmq common.

TheNoob said:
Thanks Crooks A, I'll keep you posted.

48th regulator, yes lol It's not an impossible thing to do. It's quite easy actually. It will take some time and some hard research, but it can and will be done.

And Armyrick, I understand where you are coming from, but I assure you that all the information on the website will be official CF content and information.

Hey Noob,

Just wanted to make sure I understood exactly what you are trying to acheive.

I commend you, and wish you luck.  Your site will be beneficial, to many.

dileas

tess

NSDreamer said:
As for people who think that responses on here are being a bit overly critical, remember your drill sgts people who enter the CF should have developed at least a minimal s*** blocking skin by the point of even being done Bmq common.

No doubt lol

ArmyRick said:
canada94,

I was "hard on him" because his initial post/suggestion lacked alot and I am very protective of what info potential future members of the CF receive.

I have spent years training DP1 infantry (RegF) and then administering the pers who had difficulty completing their training for one reason or another.

I truly want to protect the interest of the future troops and hope they receive good and reliable info.

Cheers and good luck.

I was not directing my comment to you. What you said was legitimate and asking a simple question, you were not deterring him or destroying his idea.

Mike

Small update.

As I have been planning the website (what content will be in it, the layout, how it will look like), I've decided to change directions a bit. Instead of having a website with information on the process on becoming a member, information while you're a member and medical questions, financial questions etc, this site will be focusing on pre application information such as how to get in the right physical shape, your mentality going in, the pros-cons of joining and information about the actual process like apt test, medical, interview etc. Also things like how to choose the right occupation for you.

This site is for people who want to join, but either need some help with the application process or have questions about it.

I'll be starting to build the site tomorrow.

Thank you for your support.

Hey everyone!

First off, I would like to say this website is like an extended blog from my experiences in the recruiting process and beyond and could be different for someone else. The website will be my opinions and no one else's. It's just nice reading someone's experience, as I did before I applied with online blogs from current/former members.

I've been busy with work and all that stuff, but I'm happy to say the site is almost up. A lot has changed from the initial plan and ideas. The site will have 2 versions-the fitness version and the application version.

Fitness version talks about what the Forces fitness requirements are, what your goals should be and how to reach them. It has some downloads and a lot of tips.

Application version talks about each stage of the recruiting process and what to expect. I had no idea what to expect when I first applied, so I think it would be helpful to know what's going to happen. (I'm being very careful on what content is being published and leaving out all confidential information)

The main focus on the site though, is things outside like if it's the right decision for you, how to bring it up with your family and friends, how to deal with negative comments on your decision and how to properly choose the right occupations.

The site will be Facebook integrated with comment sections so people can give advice on certain topics and give their thoughts on it and etc.

Anyways, here's a small screen pic of the homepage (it's not final yet).

amxurm.png

Talk to you later!

At this point, should it not be called jointheforces.ca ? It seems your mostly dealing with the recruiting aspect of the CF.

ArmyRick said:
At this point, should it not be called jointheforces.ca ? It seems your mostly dealing with the recruiting aspect of the CF.

I would suspect that the people who do the most research (the good ones anyways, unlike many we see here dot dot dot) are just those. Either way a website has to start somewhere!

Nice work Noob!

-NSDreamer

Back