• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kingston Meet and Greet?

Teeps74

Inactive
Reaction score
Not sure if this fits in here or not. Mods feel free to beat me if not (I may enjoy it tho).

I was kicking around the idea of a meet and greet with another member here at the Canex not to long ago, and it seemed like a good idea, so, here is a proposal.

What would the interest in a get together here in Kingston be? I would be thinking Brew Pub or Merchant, as they both are rather nice, and have rooms conducive to actually talking and stuff while enjoying a brew or ten.

I would be happy to book the place if we had more then say 8 like minded people.

Both places have decent pub fare and a good range of beverages. The Merchant also has live music on weekends.

When would be a good time to get it going? Day of week?

Feed back folks... I say let's have at 'er, and have a good time while we are at it!

I'd certainly be up for it.  I'm usually in Kingston on the weekends.  I'm at the Brew Pub pretty much every Friday night anyway.  :cheers:

I start my leave on Monday.  Pretty much any Friday is good for me for the next few weeks.  I'd prefer the Merchant though.  Better for bigger groups.

Looking good so far, two ladies and me...  ;D  The Brew Pub has the upstairs area which can be set aside, and seats up to 60 I think. I like the Merchant for the music. Looking like a Fri, would love to do it before Nov, some friends going out of town then.

I'll give this a day or two, then set a date and roll the dice. Who ever shows up, yer looking for the tall blonde goofy looking fella in glasses.

Would depend on the day - hubby is slated for a TAV, and we are renovating the house...
but I just might be able to make an appearance. :)

muffin

Well, I am gonna roll the dice, and see who shows!  ;D Going to the Merchant!

I have rolled two 5's! So 10 Oct it is! I'll be at the bar at 7, yer looking for a tall blond goofy looking guy in glasses, sipping on a Guinness (yep, I am goofy looking, just ask Strike or Flawed Design!). I do not have enough respondants to justify asking for a room there, so we meet at the bar, then grab some tables as more come in. I will tell the bartender which table we go to so those lurkers here that may show up without answering may just ask for Jeff (and hopefully they will point us out).

Hope to see you there. Cheers

The 10th it is!  Maybe G2G will pop in?  Any other takers?

(Oh, and Teeps is a little goofy looking.)

Sorry, I'll be in Moncton that weekend.  You do realize that's the holiday weekend, right?  ;)

See ya some other time and have fun!!!  :cheers:

Holiday? Oh, that's why I am not working that weekend. ROFL!

Well, let this be just the first... Perhaps make it a once in a while throughout the year type thing...

(I am stubborn, I wrote the date, so even if it is just Strike and I, I will be there ;) )

To bad I'm not in Kingston anymore. I always liked going to the pubs there. Strike knows that if it involves beer, I'll be there.

ArmyVern said:
Pick the right date ... and there may be three!!  >:D

Woohoo!

I wouldn't be able to make the following weekend anyway.  I have a tournament that weekend.  Holiday?  Whatever.  Might as well start it off right!

ArmyVern said:
Pick the right date ... and there may be three!!  >:D

;D

For those chaps, I could potentially move the date... Would I tell anyone though?

Teeps74 said:
;D

For those chaps, I could potentially move the date... Would I tell anyone though?

You are a dirty man... ;D

Dammit, the Brew Pub is high on my list of things I miss about Canada. The Dragon's Breath Ale is fantastic. Wish I could have made it- would have been just like old times to have you verbally abuse me for most of an evening.  ;D

Brihard said:
Dammit, the Brew Pub is high on my list of things I miss about Canada The Dragon's Breath Ale is fantastic. Wish I could have made it

Hey, you won't miss it, they're going to the Merchant anyway!!  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Hey, you won't miss it, they're going to the Merchant anyway!!  ;)

Hey- don't EVER tell me I won't miss the Brew Pub.  ;D

Right now the closest I've got is Beck's near-beer for a buck a pop at Canada House.

Brihard said:
Hey- don't EVER tell me I won't miss the Brew Pub.  ;D

Right now the closest I've got is Beck's near-beer for a buck a pop at Canada House.

That`s alright.  I`ll tell you all about it when I get there.  ;D

Back