• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

KING FOR A DAY!

Sapplicant

Inactive
Reaction score
What would you do, if you were king for a day? Laws you want to change? People you want to meet? Places to go? Policies you want to implement? Pretty much anything goes, because YOU, my friend, have been appointed king for a day. At least TRY to keep your sticks on the ice.

Paris Hilton (and her long lost twin sisters)............over for dinner......

Wander the Castle(s) and throw the best party for all of my closest friends!

I would make a permanent, unchangeable law that would make military service (5 years) compulsory if you want the right to vote (citizenship).

Deal with it.

EDIT: Oh yes, I almost forgot. I'd also have my crack team of super genius scientists devise a way to turn all the water on the planet into Crown.

HavokFour said:
I would make a permanent, unchangeable law that would make military service (5 years) compulsory if you want the right to vote (citizenship).

Sounds like a great idea!!

HavokFour said:
EDIT: Oh yes, I almost forgot. I'd also have my crack team of super genius scientists devise a way to turn all the water on the planet into Crown.

Ok smarta$$ .................what are you going to use for mix? huh? HuH?.....better idea would be only 2 of the great lakes...................... :nod:

HavokFour said:

Deal with it.

Ah!  Robert A. Heinlein.  My hero.

100%

Would you leave some for mix........Sprite or 7?

Hmmmm....King for a day, eh?
HM Technoviking?  I like the ring of that.

Now, what would I do?  And it's just a day, and I have to abdicate that next day at midnight?  Well, I would stay awake the entire 24 hours, not wanting to waste any of the experience, that's for sure. 

My question to myself is this: do I want to be a benevolent dictatorship, or a malevolent one?  Methinks I'd make a better benevolent one, so, what to do?

Well, I wouldn't make military service compulsory; however, I would make some sort of public service compulsory.  I mean, there are bonafide objectors out there, and the last thing I would want to do is to enforce that on people.  Having said that, I feel that the state's rights (eg: the collective of my subjects) outweighs any individual's rights.  So, I suppose the first order of business is to issue a Royal Proclamation, outlining Individual and Collective Rights and Responsiblities of my loyal subjects.

Whereas Technovia is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of the people over individuals and the rule of law
The Technovian Charter of Rights and Obligations guarantees the rights and demands the obligations of its citzens.
Fundamental Rights
Every one of Our subjects has the following fundamental freedoms:
[list type=decimal]
[*](a) freedom of conscience and religion;
(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
(d) freedom of association.
[/list]Basic Responsibilities
Every one of Our subjects has the following basic obligations:
[list type=decimal]
[*](a) obligation to participate in elections by voting upon reaching 18 full years of age;
(b) obligation to complete his or her formal education to the 12th grade;
(c) obligation to perform two (2) years’ of public service, immediately upon completion of high school; and
(d) obligation to be the primary care givers for their immediate family, including offspring, siblings and parents.
[/list]
Technoviking Rex

After that, I'm not sure what I would do.  I'd probably become personal champion for literacy for children, or something like that. 

If anyone's read the book "Freehold" by Michael Z. Williamson, that's what I want ;)

I'd have to look into the notion that certain people/organizations are withholding cures to diseases so that they may continue profiting off of treatments. If this were found to be true, well, that kind of behaviour would greatly upset the King.

I would desynchronize all the traffic lights in Toronto.

ALL the traffic lights.

Muahahahahaha

HavokFour said:

Deal with it.

You know that concept is straight out of Starship Troopers, eh? Except that in the novel/movie you earn citizenship privileges by volunteering for service, it's not mandatory and you still have other rights if you don't, but you would remain a civilian who can't vote or run for office if you don't.

I would offer that my obligations be amended thus:

1.(a) obligation to participate in elections by voting in elections, eligible after completing two years of public service;
(b) obligation to complete his or her formal education to the 12th grade;
(c) obligation to perform two (2) years of public service, immediately upon completion of high school; and
(d) obligation to be the primary care givers for their immediate family, including offspring, siblings and parents.

Coming back slightly closer to ground... and provoked by a recent flurry of "how do I do this?" messages on CadetNet.

If I was king for a day? Reduce Reg-PRes-COATS-SupRes-COATS IL inter-relations and transfer policies to something that can be written in its entirety on no more than two or three pages, understood without resorting to quantum computing or the Supreme Court, and easily transacted over the course of no more than three weeks.

Then tattoo a condensed version on the arm of every clerk, CO, and career manager, just to make sure they get the message.

I feel the need to amend my Royal Proclamation:

Whereas Technovia is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of the people over individuals and the rule of law,
The Technovian Charter of Rights and Obligations guarantees the rights and demands the obligations of its citzens.
Fundamental Rights
Every one of Our subjects has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;
(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and unlimited expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
(d) freedom of association.

Basic Responsibilities

(a) obligation to participate in elections by voting upon reaching 18 full years of age;
(b) obligation to participate in elections by voting in elections, eligible after completing two years of public service;
(c) obligation to perform two (2) years’ of public service, immediately upon completion of high school; and
Technoviking Rex

a) no more sending potheads to jail. instead, they will be made to write an apology by glueing macaronis to construction paper while wearing oven mitts. Then, they will be made to consume 4 litres of ice cream (neopolitan), four big bags of ruffles and 2 litres of soda. 

b) anybody bearing the swastika will be flayed alive.

c) all registered sex offender will "mysteriously disappear". We'll blame it on the Taliban....

d) all elected politicans must take ther BMQ, while buck naked and singing along to Sharon, Lois & Braham

e) beer delivered free of charge and ice cold to CAF members in the 'Stan (please enjoy responsibly)

f) "Franglish" will be recognized as an official third language. Just for fun

g) No more CHRC.... they frikken creep me out....

New toys for the CAF (a man's gotta dream)
- Attack Helicopters bristling with all manner of rockets and lead dispensers of doom
- More Chinooks so those fancy new attack helicopters dont get lonely
- AC 130 Spectres. I want 4.... to start with
- A 10's. Ugly as hell, but make a neat buzzing noise!
- Pssst! new rule: the members VOTE on what small arms we use. I prefer 7.62x39mm myself, the Sturm Ruger Mini 30...
- Pssst! Of course you can bring your personal rifle with you to Kandahar!..... I'll make those yahoos fly the ammo in

Back