• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kids wearing camo

Hot Lips said:
the 80s were cool
no. They were not. They were a wasteland, with the only bright spots being the plethora of Metal bands, the explosion of Harley-Davidson aftermarket dealers, and George Strait.

Oh, and Cold Steel!

paracowboy said:
no. They were not. They were a wasteland, with the only bright spots being the plethora of Metal bands, the explosion of Harley-Davidson aftermarket dealers, and George Strait.

Oh, and Cold Steel!

Hmm I know off topic. .. but I am going to George Strait... whooohooooooooo Hubby bought me tickets before heading to the Ghan...

sorry had to add that...

paracowboy said:

Oh, and Cold Steel!
  See Para...you did take something from the 80s, lol
So do you have any camo paraphernalia, aside from uniforms...oh had to add that...something to do with the thread, lol
HL

Hot Lips said:
  See Para...you did take something from the 80s, lol
yes, an absolute hatred of mullets, electro-soda pop-bubblegum "music", and the Liberal Party.

So do you have any camo paraphernalia, aside from uniforms
nope. In the '80s, I had my father's and both grandfather's uniform accoutrements, but I certainly didn't wear them.

Booked_Spice said:
Hmm I know off topic. .. but I am going to George Strait...
see you there. I'll be the guy in the black hat, with the HOT blonde chick.

Suckers!  Paying to wear the same clothing that I get paid to wear.  My 2 cents.

Kids wearing camo, teens wearing camo, moms wearing camo....its all over the place!

Pink, purple, blue it now comes in all colours!

Camo rainboots to stilleto heels are now on sale!

I myself, have been tempted by only 1 item. It was a very nicely done green camo mini vest with metal military button styling.

I showed my dh who said agreed it was actually "nice" and sure he didn't mind me wearing it but not to expect him to walk down the street/base beside me! He says he looks at green all damn day and he doesn't want to come home and see his wife in it...

Side Note: Couple of weeks back I saw two 12-14yr girls at the CANEX wearing, what I assume to be, thier parents issued CADPAT combat pants (and yes it was CADPAT combat pants, I've washed enough to know!). Isn't there some kind of rule against this?

*star said:
Side Note: Couple of weeks back I saw two 12-14yr girls at the CANEX wearing, what I assume to be, thier parents issued CADPAT combat pants (and yes it was CADPAT combat pants, I've washed enough to know!). Isn't there some kind of rule against this?

No, there isn't. If there is no insignia showing, it is okay to wear. If it is issued to you and you wear it off duty, it might be an issue, but I don't see any way to bust someone's kids for wearing dad's pants.

My dad told the story often of the guy in his small town Reserve battery; he often found that Dad was wearing his Battle Dress trousers out on the family tractor for warmth when sonny had to wear them for parade night.

Junior better not lose dad"s kit
cause the big guy is gonna get real ticked if he has to pay the inflated "cost" for cadpat gear

Didn't I read on a thread that the Cadets are getting Cadpat?  Could be mistaken and perhaps it isn't or hasn't happened...just curious ???

Might it have been Cadets?

HL

I guess I'm getting used to seeing people wearing camo now that it's so popular. I wear cadpat at work so I'm not interested in wearing camo when I'm not at work. I have seen some cute capris and even a pair of camo flip flops that I liked though.

I wouldn't want to see a trend where kids are wearing actual cadpat. IMO that should only be worn by CF members. I am surprised to hear that it's ok for your kids to wear your cadpat. I wouldn't be comfortable having my kid walk around the neighbourhood in my cadpat. Not to mention the cost to replace it if it gets lost or ruined.

I did hear a funny story where a few guys in their deu's were walking past a bar one night that was holding a military fetish evening - everyone there was dressed in various military fashions - they were pretty impressed when they saw the real thing and begged the guys to come on in!

I own a couple of camo items, nothing cadpat though. I'm not against people wearing it, nor do I think it's disrespectful, unless it's overdone. A friend of mine purchased a cadpat hat, shirt and pants. We called him Captain Cadpat. I also called him a dumbass. That I found somewhat disrespectful. At least "fashion camo" looks nothing like what I've seen on actual miltary personale, and I think that's okay. But in the case of my friend, Captain Cadpat, not only did he look like an idiot, it bothered me that he was dressed head to toe in the stuff.

My boyfriend, who is in the Army Reserves, owns a pair of camo shorts he just kinda bums around his house in. Aside from that, he really doesn't like to have any cadpat on him outside of work. We went out for a bonfire the other week, and the only bag he had was his rucksack, which he refused to carry because; "Wearing that out of work, I look dumb. You wearing that looks cute and fashionable!"

Well I'm far from being a kid, but I wear camo for hunting.  US and Canadian whites for goat hunting, Old West German Pine tree whites  for winter deer and elk, and a nifty old Denison smock in the fall.  Sometimes my wife throws on one of my old workdress jackets (insignia removed) because she finds it comfortable.  The other day in the grocery store I saw a woman wearing a paint by number garrison jacket (good riddance!) with the insignia of a corporal of the Canadian Scottish.  It was pretty clear that she wasn't trying to imitate a soldier, but it startled me anyway. 

The key when considering this whole who should be wearing what talk (which has come up before incidentally...) is whether or not the person is pretending to be something they are not.  That is, are they trying to imitate a member of the CF?  If so, then the sanctions of law are clear.  If not, then what they are doing is making a fashion statement, or more likely just wearing comfortable functional clothing.

I saw some guy on the skytrain wearing  a US Marine Lance Corporal's dress blue jacket. I just laughed at him, mostly because he was a little on the twiggy side to be a marine. But when some guy wore a Canadian army corporal's jacket, with medals no less, to my school.... damn kids with no respect.

It was a fashion statement 20 yrs ago, and still is. Does not bother me, even when I see AUSCAM on the ferals.

Its a free country, but impersonation is another thing.

Cheers,

Wes

Chubbard said:
I saw some guy on the skytrain wearing  a US Marine Lance Corporal's dress blue jacket. I just laughed at him, mostly because he was a little on the twiggy side to be a marine. But when some guy wore a Canadian army corporal's jacket, with medals no less, to my school.... damn kids with no respect.

You could've had him arrested............

My three daughters (9, 7, and 4) in their pink camouflage just took out four boys in green camouflage (having been told that pink and green camouflage cannot serve together).  It turns out that leapfrogging advances with suppressive fire,  L shaped ambushes, proper spacing with assigned arcs of fire on patrol, gave them too much of an advantage on the scream and charge of the boys.  Round 2 allowed my four year old to wipe out all four boys with a grenade as they awaited contact with the manoeuvre element (the older two), as my daughters realized that daddy's houseclearing maxim of "lead with grenades" can be simulated nicely with a water balloon.  The sight of one my three little girls in pink cammo searching the dead enemy "officer" for important papers (Yugio cards) while the other two covered the surviving prisoners was priceless.

I hope you got pics of that mainer....sounds like you're teaching them well.  :D

Girls rule...it is the natural rule of order from the beginning...
Sounds priceless  ;)

HL

Back