• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, Has Baby Boy

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby, St James's Palace has announced.

Members of the Royal Family and the duchess's family, the Middletons, are said to be delighted.

A spokesman said the duchess, who is thought to be less than 12 weeks pregnant, has been admitted to a London hospital with acute morning sickness and is likely to stay for several days.

The royal baby will be born third in line to the throne, after Prince Charles and Prince William.

He or she will one day be head of the armed forces, supreme governor of the Church of England, head of state of the UK and, subject to approval by the Commonwealth, 15 other countries.

Catherine and William, who are both 30, were married at Westminster Abbey in April 2011, and it will be their first child.

BBC's royal correspondent Peter Hunt said William and Kate were staying at her parents in Berkshire at the weekend and travelled to the private London hospital from there by car. William is now with his wife at the King Edward VII hospital.

It is understood that Kate is being cared for by gynecologist Marcus Setchell, who delivered the Countess of Wessex's two children ....
BBC online, 3 Dec 12

LOADS more here (Google News)

And, in a sign of the future of the Royalty, the Unborn Royal already has a twitter feed:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UnbornRoyal

The official announcement:
THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE ARE EXPECTING A BABY

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news.

The Duchess was admitted this afternoon to King Edward VII Hospital in Central London with Hyperemesis Gravidarum. As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter.

Hyperemesis Gravidarum is very acute morning sickness, which requires supplementary hydration and nutrients.
Clarence House Info-machine, 3 Dec 12

Fondest congratulations to the Duke and Duchess, of course.  Here's hoping the baby will be well.  :)

And the Act of Succession crisis is averted for another generation - though I'm certain the Quebec lawsuit will find itself in the Supreme Court one day, regardless.

Perhaps we will get a Splice the mainbrace for this occasion :nod:

Chief Stoker said:

I suspect there will be a few people wetting the baby's head tonight.  :nod:

I'm glad to hear that mother and baby are both doing well.  I wish the best for the child and the new parents.

I also wish I could watch the freakin' real news today.............

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I also wish I could watch the freakin' real news today.............

Oh God, this is gonna go on forever and forever, the gushing, the speculation, the prewritten history of the Monarchy, the queen dying, Charles dumping Camilla, you name it........  ::)

Fred Herriot said:
Fondest congratulations to the Duke and Duchess, of course.  Here's hoping the baby will be well.  :)

Hear hear! Well said sir!

now for all you naysayers.....I'd rather be overdosed on news about Royal baby than have to listen about the useless lot they call "Kardashians". ;)

Jim Seggie said:
Hear hear! Well said sir!

now for all you naysayers.....I'd rather be overdosed on news about Royal baby than have to listen about the useless lot they call "Kardashians". ;)

Psstt,.....most of us wouldn't be watching the type of news programs that would talk about those clowns,......just sayin...... :-*

Chief Stoker said:

I was fortunate enough to be with 45 Cdo RM when we spiced the mainbrace for Prince Harry. One day I may recover....  ;D

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Psstt,.....most of us wouldn't be watching the type of news programs that would talk about those clowns,......just sayin...... :-*

FYI I don't watch that crap deliberately. It's in your face and I have a ridiculous memory for trivial crap.

BTW they are clowns.....including that trash bag Kanye West.

I thought the Kardashians were the bad guys on Deep Space 9...

Kat Stevens said:
I thought the Kardashians were the bad guys on Deep Space 9...

That would be the "Cardassians". I believe they are a  much  less parasitic cousin of the Kardashians.

Back