• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just got called!!

His profile says 48th Highlanders as his unit, that is a reserve unit in Toronto..

P.....

I called in yesterday to check on my application, they said it is in the pile or something, but I was going to be called within the month for an initial appointment for the aptitude test and medical, so I thought to myself, damn, how am I going to get ready for the fitness test within the next six weeks.  Long story short, got my call about an hour later, and have my appointment on monday, and hopefully at least two weeks after that and it'll be the fate determining fitness test.... 3 weeks to further prepare instead of 6  :eek:, oh well, I'm just stoked to be at this point. 

The moral of the story... If it's been a while, check in to see about your application, in my case, they for some reason they did not have my phone number in the system. 

Weiner said:
I called in yesterday to check on my application, they said it is in the pile or something, but I was going to be called within the month for an initial appointment for the aptitude test and medical, so I thought to myself, darn, how am I going to get ready for the fitness test within the next six weeks.   Long story short, got my call about an hour later, and have my appointment on monday, and hopefully at least two weeks after that and it'll be the fate determining fitness test.... 3 weeks to further prepare instead of 6   :eek:, oh well, I'm just stoked to be at this point.  

The moral of the story... If it's been a while, check in to see about your application, in my case, they for some reason they did not have my phone number in the system.  

Well, I just got a hold of the person in charge of the applications and all that stuff, and he said mine was also in a pile but said he would enter it into the system and get my apptitude appointment before the end of the week.  I guess you need to ask them to get the ball rolling sometimes.  :cdn:

yeah well ugh some times the ball rolls and rolls and rolls for the entire summer untill u finally get that damn call! and u feel so good!

jerrythunder said:
yeah well ugh some times the ball rolls and rolls and rolls for the entire summer untill u finally get that darn call! and u feel so good!

Well the recruiter with the 48th told me to give him a call if I didn't hear anything by now (weird in the middle of me posting this I got a call from a recruiter from the 48th saying I can start at the end of the month if I don't screw up on anything.)  Coincidences' are weird.  Give them a call and see what is going on with your app.  :cdn:

Well as I said before in the thread I got a hold of the application guy.  He said I would get a call for the CFAT by the end of the week.  My question is, if it happends that I do not get the call do I phone him again?  I was told by the recruiter for the 48th to keep hounding him if I don't get the call.  I just hope this does not piss him off and my application goes missing "yes....missing" and I don't get a call.  I am worried because I was told I could start BMQ as soon as at the end of this month! (I damn well hope so).  :cdn:

oh man badsector u re not alone! i think allota people out there (especially who are still in highschool) who are really pumped up about joining up and pissing off the recruiter by constantly asking and asking WHEN CAN I FREAKING JOIN UP!?!?!?!?!?!?!

badsector said:
Well as I said before in the thread I got a hold of the application guy.   He said I would get a call for the CFAT by the end of the week.   My question is, if it happends that I do not get the call do I phone him again?   I was told by the recruiter for the 48th to keep hounding him if I don't get the call.   I just hope this does not piss him off and my application goes missing "yes....missing" and I don't get a call.   I am worried because I was told I could start BMQ as soon as at the end of this month! (I darn well hope so).   :cdn:

Hate to break it to yah bro, but if you haven't even done your CFAT yet there's probably no way you will be attending a BMQ at the end of this month. The recruiter may have meant that you will be eligible for BMQ by the end of this month. The medical alone takes at least a couple of weeks to be sent to Borden, processed, and sent back to your recruiting center. I hate to be there bearer of bad news but just don't get too excited about going to BMQ at the end of this month. It is highly unlikely. Good luck on your tests. Cheers.  :salute:

:cdn:

Bradboy said:
  Hate to break it to yah bro, but if you haven't even done your CFAT yet there's probably no way you will be attending a BMQ at the end of this month. The recruiter may have meant that you will be eligible for BMQ by the end of this month. The medical alone takes at least a couple of weeks to be sent to Borden, processed, and sent back to your recruiting center. I hate to be there bearer of bad news but just don't get too excited about going to BMQ at the end of this month. It is highly unlikely. Good luck on your tests. Cheers.    :salute:

:cdn:

Congratulations so far. I have to agree with Bradboy. The possibility MIGHT be there, but I highly doubt it. Time is just part of the process. Many are gungho like yourself (I'm one of them), but I had to wait my turn as well. All things take time, just don't waste time between those things and your process will go a lot faster!

Bradboy said:
   The medical alone takes at least a couple of weeks to be sent to Borden, processed, and sent back to your recruiting center.

I live like 45 minutes from borden and the closest recruiting center is in Barrie (The city CFB Borden is in) do you think it would go faster for me?

I finally got my call!!!! I have BMQ in Meaford starting September 11. It was worth the wait and  can finally stop working in Fort McMurray.

Great news! I just got the call a couple of nights ago and I was accepted to the position of Lieutenant with the Reserves. I had the officer board interview on Thursday the 16th and it went well. No questions that were too hard, very pesonable guys. I will be serving with 1st Hussars out of Sarnia, Ontario! I believe that my officer training begins in mid-November. Other than that, I have no clue of what to expect. Anyone with any insights, feel free to respond. Anyway, I'm pretty excited. Good things happening.

I'm sorry 

you made LT?

or 2LT?

Unless you have prior military experience you're a second lieutenant, not lieutenant.

Simple mistake to make.  Huge difference in qualification though.

You never know...
But congratulations Calvin1509.  A 2nd Lieutenant position is better than no position at all.

So I got the call today, I dropped off my ROTP papers less than a week ago and I have already heard back from them! Im heading out to do my CFAT, Medical & Interview on the 29th of January 07'. Im really very excited I have been waiting a long time to do this. As primary MOC I put Infantry (1), Armoured (2) and Artillery (3). Im really looking forward to it all. And I know the search function here on army.ca is always there to help me out ;). Thanks alot everyone here, information, support etc... Army.ca has been a big help.
Dave

Back