• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just got called!!

I don't want to break the news to you, but you almost definitely wont be going to basic in Feb. My interview was in August of last year, and I placed highly in all of my testing. On the other hand, about 3 months of that was eaten up by my medical file going back and forth from Borden, regarding childhood asthma. If everything goes well for you, and everything comes off without a hitch, you could be in by April (but don't write this in stone). The paperwork takes a lot longer than you would think, as the recruiters are extremely overtaxed right now.

Tip for the interview; Don't lie. Know what bases you could be posted to, how much money you will make, what kinds of duties you will be performing, etc. Try to know as much as you can about your trade selections and the CF, as they don't want you to get in and turn around and complain that you aren't getting paid enough, that you didn't want to go to this base or that base, and so on. They want soldiers whose lives are in good order, who are good people, who are intelligent, and who know what they want to do and what they are getting themselves into.

Good Luck McAllister! 

BMQ Jan 18th Reg 031... See u in St Jean, guys.

Can't say how long u will have to wait, but I put in my app. last Feb, did the CFAT & Physical a week later. Waited a few months for an interview and another for a Medical.
Got the call about 10 month after I first filled out the forms.
Had to go for a second Fitness ("scores" are only valid for six months).
Best of Luck to u.

You start basic on Feb 2nd? I start on the 1st. It sounds as though its probably the same course, so I'll see you there!

The course starts on a Tuesday, the Monday before the course starts is used to get everyone on site and other stuff.

MaC: Hang in there bud. It's just around the corner for u too...

uh........no....why?  do infantry guys all get thrown into basic together, and get pushed harder?  and if so, am i going to get put in with them? if so.....yay...

just kidding, no i applied for sigs.

Hey, congrats man!!   I didn't get the "official" call yet, but I should begin BMQ Feb 2nd too!!   I'm going for LCIS Tech..

see you there!

The course starts on a Tuesday, the Monday before the course starts is used to get everyone on site and other stuff.

Feb 1st is a Tuesday..  So I guess the course starts the 1st!!  Does it really matter??  We'll get our papers and we'll get there in time!!  That's what's important!!

Frank

So much for the background check if people steal your stuff.

I got the call (roughly 4 months in for those of you wondering how long it takes) but I missed my bloody swearing IN!  I called them wondering about my status and they called back the same night and left a message saying I should come down that night for my swearing in, but I was GONE!  I just got the message today (thursday).  For any people in the Queen's Own, do they have swearing in every wednesday?  Cuz if they do I can make the Jan 22nd SQ.

LOL they call you the same day they want you to be sworn in?

I hope they give me some time to get my dry cleaning done or else I will be wearing track pants to the thing

I assume you meant BMQ, on the 22nd. And yes, for the Reserves, they usually call one to two days before the swearing in, sometimes day of. Usually there are swearing in's each week, to make sure that they can squeeze the maximum amount of recruits through onto their courses. However, that is how it works here, I don't know the policy of the QOR.

Actually it doesn't matter anymore cuz the Lt. just called me (20:30, no less, which is awesome) and I'm goin' in tomorow to get sworn in at 4 then BMQ starts at 7, talk about close.   Yes, I meant BMQ.   Thanks for the input though.

Hey,
I just got the call and im going to BMQ Aug 16!!! For 031 ;D :D

Anyone with me?Its been a long 9 months ;) but i am off!

Skinny :salute:

:cdn:

hmmm aug 16th eh, that might be the same time frame as me hehe, i also am going in as 031 rcr, hope to see you there buddy congrats :warstory:

Back