• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just begun the Application Process

Mike Baker

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Well, ladies and gents, I have just finished my online application and sent it in. I am joining the 2nd Battalion, RNFLDR. Now I know how everyone else must have felt when they sent theirs in ;D Cheers!

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Good on you Baker. Hope everything runs through smoothly for you.  8)
Thanks man. I hope to be able to do summer BMQ and SQ in July-August next year. But, I have to get in first ;)

Yeah, I've got to wait to see whats happening with my foot before I decide to send in my papers. I don't feel like doing it online. I'm not big on technology.

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Yeah, I've got to wait to see whats happening with my foot before I decide to send in my papers. I don't feel like doing it online. I'm not big on technology.
May I point out the irony of you using a (fairly) recent bit of technology to tell us that bit of news?  ;)

Good for you, Mike.

Mike Baker said:
Well, ladies and gents, I have just finished my online application and sent it in. I am joining the 2nd Battalion, RNFLDR. Now I know how everyone else must have felt when they sent theirs in ;D Cheers!

Thanks, and if you think I'm excited, you want to see my parents  ;D

I don't know.... what about the criminal check? In reference to the missing toilet paper deal.

Anywho, best of luck. Soon you"ll be the FNG..

Regards,
Schultz

Sgt  Schultz said:
I don't know.... what about the criminal check? In reference to the missing toilet paper deal.

Regards,
Schultz
That is STILL going around? ::) ;D Haha yeah, I'll be the FNG, but that's not a problem with me. ;D

Sgt  Schultz said:

Regards,
Schultz

Nah, they are sometimes incredibility dumb....he wouldn't fall into that category.........would he?  ;D

Congrats, only tip I have is have all medical history(including that of your family) fresh on your mind. That stuff holds ya back months.

RickyBobby said:
Congrats, only tip I have is have all medical history(including that of your family) fresh on your mind. That stuff holds ya back months.
Oh yeah, that's a good idea.

In the first post I said I was going 2ND battalion, but it is actually 1ST battalion. And those muddy engineers on here are trying to get me in with them :D

Hey we do most things the Infantry do and also get to build and blow stuff up.  ;D

Hey I got to try and see if I can't get some on the recruits on the BMQ at the end of the month to switch and come over to my side... bwaahha

Nfld Sapper said:
Hey we do most things the Infantry do and also get to build and blow stuff up.  ;D

Hey I got to try and see if I can't get some on the recruits on the BMQ at the end of the month to switch and come over to my side... bwaahha
Don't you newfie sappers have to fire arty guns for ceremonial duties on the rock as well?  ;D

Nfld Sapper said:

If you tell me that there is a Tims near the base, then I'm in :D ;D

good luck Mike...even if you're not joining the senior service...HMCS Cabot could use a good recruit....ARRRRRRRRRR  ;D

IN HOC SIGNO said:
good luck Mike...even if you're not joining the senior service...HMCS Cabot could use a good recruit....ARRRRRRRRRR  ;D
I'm more of a land lover, actually. But I have looked into the Navy, and I can't see myself there.

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Don't you newfie sappers have to fire arty guns for ceremonial duties on the rock as well?  ;D

I believe they do it in front of HMCS Cabot. I heard the cannons roar on Sunday, quite a house shaker if you're close. I wouldn't be able to tell you who fires the arty, I would imagine the boys at Cabot? I believe the Navy uses arty for ceremonial use, well at least Navy Cadets. I could be wrong (and probably am) someone correct me if I am wrong, I am way out of my lane here.

Back