• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining

Lil_T, it's good to hear you're healing well.  As far as the other issue, I'm not sure what to say, except to keep looking forward and put the rest behind you.  You're not the first it's happened to and you certainly won't be the last.

If it's really bad, might I suggest counseling?

Here's a hug for ya!! 
1.gif

Thanks Moe!  I actually spoke to the padre and a social worker at the school and they both said the same thing... it's normal, blah blah blah, and I'm handling my recovery like most of the men they've dealt with (staff and student alike) fierce determination to get to 150% as soon as possible if not sooner.  According to my physiotherapist and the psp staff I've dealt with - I'm a machine.  Whatever the hell that means.  Been out of the wheelchair for a good two weeks now (at 4 wks post op) and I hobble around pretty good so far.  I'm trying to be optimistic about my ability - but realistic too.  I mean, I can't even walk unassisted right now. 

Come 1 February - I'll be ready for platoon again.  My old Pl Comd said if I can wait til 22 Feb he'll have another serial running..... oy.  don't know if going back to them would be good or bad.....  >:D

Lil_T said:
Come 1 February - I'll be ready for platoon again.  My old Pl Comd said if I can wait til 22 Feb he'll have another serial running..... oy.  don't know if going back to them would be good or bad.....  >:D

I could see where it might be good as you will no longer be a "noob" and you've already proven your perseverance and determination.

yes, but on the same note that is a BAD thing as they expect a lot more.  I've had the whole "bring the platoon up to standard" crap before - not a fan.

I think it's going to be weird though, going back to the mega after being in the "real world" for a few months.

Lil_T

All I am going to say is that your determination and refusal to give up is an inspiration to me and I am sure others on here.  I have often used your journey as an example of the kind of people that I want to work with.

My suggestion to getting around the obstacle course issue is that when that starts to happen, focus instead on your end goal and picture yourself doing the job that you signed up for. 

Good luck and I look forward to hearing more.

PS  Please don't push yourself too fast to the point that you don't heal properly.  That would be very sad for the CF if you could not continue.

Hey Steve, it 's good to hear from you. How is it going in your new element (NAVY) and being back on the West Coast?

Cheers,

thank you Steve, I really appreciate it.  My morale has been better lately - and I'm sure once I start up my physio here regularly I'll be walking again in no time.  As it is, I was halfway out of the kitchen yesterday before I realized I had forgotten my crutches by the fridge.  That's a good sign right?

I am determined - though having some somewhat serious setbacks WRT the home life... so I am hoping to get those resolved in one way, shape, or form soon so that it is not weighing as heavily on my mind when I get back on course.

I look forward to going back and then posting my grad photo for all to see. 

T

Getting over this is going to make whatever else you do in life seem pretty easy. Take as much good from this experience as you can, as it will keep you strong when you hit whatever bumps the road ahead has laid out for you.

I have no doubts about that Chris.... I'm eager to start again, and I dont' think I'm going to let anything get in my way once I get going.

Glad to hear your doing okay Lil T, I guess I can sort of relate to you and your situation about breaking a bone except I just hadn't left yet but I know, when the time comes you will tear that obstacal course apart we all know you will. You amd I are a like no matter what comes our way whether it's good or bad, we never give up!
After I dislocated and fractured my thumb I was told I had to wait until December to start my file up again due to it being released but now since the trade I was going for is all filled up I have to wait until April to start by then it will be almost a year and a half since the day I handed in my application and I'm still trying. This is my lifetime goal and I will achieve it! Wish me luck!
Anyways, good luck Lil T, I hope for a good and fast recovery for you, so you can get back at er!

Cheers!

Thanks Johnson, good luck to you as well.  All things worth having are worth waiting and working your ass off for.

Hey hope all goes well for you, and cant wait to see those grad pictures!!!

everything went great at the orthopedic surgeon today - he said my leg looks fantastic and depending on my pain level at next month's appointment I could be declared fit full duties.  w00t!!! :cheers:

thanks Moe!  :D

You know, I'm surprised I haven't run into you yet... I'm at the Montfort all the damn time.

Lil_T said:
thanks Moe!  :D

You know, I'm surprised I haven't run into you yet... I'm at the Montfort all the damn time.
Right now, I'm in the Sandbox, and won't be back to work until the 11th of Jan.

Lil_T, if you were at physio, the PMed office is just past the physio gym.

ah I see - well I'm at physio 3x a week now trying to get back to normal.  Maybe I'll see you in the new year  :) 

Agreed, "normal" is highly over-rated, however, I was more referring to being physically normal ....  ;D  look forward to the day when people stop calling me hop-a-long and start calling me by my name.

Back