• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining

Good news, Lil_T and don't let that "set back" bother you.  Say "Hi" to Tulach Ard for me!!!

Thanks MM.  :)  Can't wait to get out of the trailer park...  ^-^

Moe, I'll pass it on next time I see her.  And no worries at all about the setback gettting to me - I am pumped and ready to go.  Had a rough first few days (erm week) on WFT but once I got into the swing of it, I was go go go.  Can't wait to get this dog and pony show started - hope my new staff are just as amazing as my last.

Thanks for the update Lil_T.  I have been following your adventure and am glad to hear that things are still going well for you and that you are maintaining a great attitude.  Look forward to your next update.

Steve
:cdn:

So I finally got back on platoon, September really screwed me with the lack of NCM courses, so 2 Oct I joined platoon...  Knew it was too good to last, as I broke my leg on the obstacle course on wednesday at least I think it was Wednesday. I've been on so much dilaudid and other painkillers I'm lucky I remember my own name.

So here I sit in the HHR - alone - I'm tired of being sidelined dammit. I think in my pain filled haze I begged my PO to not recourse me.  He was like sure, we'll keep you on as our mascot. FML. I feel so discouraged right now. It's hard to not be, seeing my friends going on, graduating, and me still here, left behind. :S

Lil_T said:
I broke my leg on the obstacle course on wednesday at least I think it was Wednesday. I've been on so much dilaudid and other painkillers I'm lucky I remember my own name.

So here I sit in the HHR - alone - I'm tired of being sidelined dammit. I think in my pain filled haze I begged my PO to not recourse me.  He was like sure, we'll keep you on as our mascot. FML. I feel so discouraged right now. It's hard to not be, seeing my friends going on, graduating, and me still here, left behind.

Wow, Lil_T, are you okay???  Yeah, I know, silly question.  :-\

Don't worry about anything else right now, what's important is that you take this time to heal properly.

Lil_T,
Get better and prove to yourself and many others reading about your trials and tribulations that you WILL overcome this. Bones break and heal. Attitude like yours is ever strengthening, keep smiling and prove the medics wrong by attaching your physio, when you start it, with the same enthusiasm that you you started with. Best of luck and I'm rooting for you!

CFR FCS

Lil_T said:
So I finally got back on platoon, September really screwed me with the lack of NCM courses, so 2 Oct I joined platoon...  Knew it was too good to last, as I broke my leg on the obstacle course on wednesday at least I think it was Wednesday. I've been on so much dilaudid and other painkillers I'm lucky I remember my own name.

So here I sit in the HHR - alone - I'm tired of being sidelined dammit. I think in my pain filled haze I begged my PO to not recourse me.  He was like sure, we'll keep you on as our mascot. FML. I feel so discouraged right now. It's hard to not be, seeing my friends going on, graduating, and me still here, left behind. :S

Wow, that sucks a lot sorry to hear that. Keep positive though and I am sure you'll turn it around.

To paraphrase Nietsche: That which does not kill us still hurts a f**k of a lot.

Next time, you will succeed. Rest, heal, and get back at it.

And enjoy your drugs while you can.

Thanks everyone. I'm enjoying the drugs while they last. Duty staff has been great visiting me and helping to keep my spirits up. Hubby and the kidlets came all the way from Ottawa to spend some time. Was good to see them. I think I'm going to hang out in self pity mode for a little while more though. I'm honestly pretty depressed. I know it could be so much worse, but it's hard to see around this really crappy bend in the road.

Hopefully every new day will bring less pain and more recovery so I can finish this course and get on with my career.

I know it might sound crazy but I love the controlled chaos of BMQ and the feeling of finally belonging somewhere here in the CF. I only hope I can continue on this journey with no fear.

Lil_T said:
I know it might sound crazy but I love the controlled chaos of BMQ

My youngest (who's in week 7/8) said almost the identical thing....must be some contagious virus going around in this silly Canadian BMQ thingy..... ;D

Hello Lil-T. You can take encouragement from your fellow soldiers, your friends, your family and your faith. You are where you want to be. One day soon you will be out of the schools, trying to make a difference in the world.  :salute:

Lil T:

Hang in there kiddy! This is just another obstacle to overcome. We're thinking of you.

Cheers and get your nose back to the grindstone soonest. We all know you can beat this.

tango22a

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. They mean more than you know. Brought a smile to my face. And that's not just the dilaudid talking

Wow, what a setback :( and just when you were getting back in it again. Still, judging from your previous posts, I'm sure you're tough (or stubborn ;D) enough to make it though this too! Hope you heal quickly; but for now enjoy the rest and the time you get to spend with your family.

Jules

May suck now Lil_T, but you will feel awesome once you overcome this obstacle and get back into it. Get well soon!

GAP said:
My youngest (who's in week 7/8) said almost the identical thing....must be some contagious virus going around in this silly Canadian BMQ thingy..... ;D

While obviously not the exact same thing, but certainly can relate with that feeling with my experiences with Katimavik and at present with roller derby.

Lil-T;
My dear, you'll get'r done. I have tremendous confidence in your ability to handle a challenge (this is one of them) and rehabilitate your self right back in to the BMQ groove. Any platoon would be considered blessed to have you. Please  keep us posted...I want to see the grad photo.

-Neil

Getting better actually. My range of motion is slowly coming back. I can bend my knee now which is a big plus. Still a bit stiff - but for only being a week and a half post op I'm not complaining.
I have my first physio appt tomorrow at the MIR. I'm also going to be attach posted back to Ottawa to heal and do some OJT so it'll be great to get back to my family. Just have to wait to get all my paperwork in line (should be done by Thursday). And have an appt on the 4th with my Ortho, so if all goes well I'll be going home that following weekend, my staff seem to be ram-rodding all my stuff through so I'll be able to work as soon as I get off sick leave. Looking forward to it.

So a little update.  I saw my orthopedist last Wednesday, and the leg is healing really  well.  The alignment of the bones is really good and I should be able to put 100% of my weight on my leg.  I got my attach posting (to the Cameron Highlanders Band????) but it changed like three times before my message was cut.  I'm home now - until 1 Feb anyway, then I get reassessed and we figure out my category.  I'm on a T3 right now.

Was in a fair bit of pain yesterday so I took one of my dilaudids... not a great idea.  I was SO out of it I had to take a nap in order to function the rest of the day.  Definitely not one of my shining moments.

Feeling good though now.  Some days are better than others though for my morale/ state of mind.  That damn obstacle course still gives me the heebies.  Really hope I can get over that by the time I go back to St Jean.  If anyone's got any tips for getting past the nightmares and flashbacks I'm all ears/eyes.

Back