• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jane Fonda been honored by Balbera Walters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warvstar

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok I just got this email, I thought some of you might want to chat about it. Was not written by me.

"                   A TRAITOR IS ABOUT TO BE HONORED
                   KEEP THIS MOVING ACROSS AMERICA

This is for all the kids born in the 70's who do
                   Not remember, and didn't have to bear the
                   Burden that our fathers, mothers and older
                   Brothers and sisters had to bear.

Jane Fonda is being honored as oneof the
                   "100 Women of the Century." BY BARBARA WALTERS

Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still
                   Countless others have never known how Ms.
                   Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country,
                   But specific men who served and sacrificed
                   During Vietnam.

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot

The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat.....................................................

Nice spam.  Try vetting stuff through www.snopes.com before you post lies to the internet. ;)

Locked and will be coming down shortly.

Everyone,

Quit posting all these chain letters your getting on email. Sending it on, or postiing it here, is still SPAM (and against the guidelines). If you absolutely must post it, as Michael said, check it against http://www.snopes.com/ first.

I came across this - apparantly is goes way back to 1999 - as it is still doing the rounds on the net I thought it would be interesting to get some feedback on this forum.

Jane Fonda is due to be honored as one of the '100 women of the Century'.

It is worth recalling one or so episodes in this lady's visits to North Vietnam and her contacts with American POWS.

From 1963 - 65 Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's) He spent 6 years in the 'Hanoi Hilton' the first 3 of which his family knew only that he was missing in action. His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group was cleaned, fed and clothed in preparation for a 'peace delegation' visit.
The POW group had time to devise a plan which they perceived would get word to their relatives that they were alive. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper with his social security number on it and held in his hand.
When paraded before Ms Fonda and a cameraman, shaking each man's hand and asking such questions as "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing thas HAD to be an act, they each palmed their paper to her. She took them without missing a beat.
At the end of the line and once the camera had stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWS, Ms Fonda handed to the NV officer all of the pieces of paper.
Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Col Carrigan survived, hence the knowledge of her actions that day.

Another POW recalled how he was captured in 1968, spent 27 months in solitary confinement. When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, he was asked by the camp political officer if he would be willing to meet her. He obliged seeing it as an opportunity to tell her the real treatment the POWS were experiencing at the hands of the North Vietnamese and parroted by her as "humane and lenient"
He subsequently spent 3 days on a rocky floor on his knees, arms outstretched with large steel weights placed on his upstretched palms and beaten with a bamboo cane.

Do you think she should be honoured as one of the '100 Women of the Century?' Not me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back