• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

issued American cam pattern bush hats?

AlphaCharlie

Inactive
Reaction score
Does the Canadian Forces issue a bush hat that uses the American pattern camofluage (sp?) because on the weekend a few guys from West Nova Scotia Rgt. were wearing bush hats with USA cam pattern (green/black/brown blotches rather than digitial) and they claimed they were issued them?

what‘s the story? I find it hard to believe we‘d issue those ugly things.

hmm, I dunno if its issued, but I know some people goto surplus stores and buy the US Woodland camo boonie hats(what your talking about)

but now, we got cadpat ones based of that style now

Yes, I know we have cadpat ones, but you don‘t get one until you get your whole cadpat uniform issued. :(

They used to be issued for Bosnia (and possibly other places, but Bosnia for sure)

Around here they seem to be issued out to troops on BMQ a lot. I was issued one on mine.

They were bought to trial and issue as a replacement for the original combat hat. With the advent of CADPAT and the issue of the new boonie hat, they became redundant. However, they still work so why throw them away? If they‘re being used, great, beat selling them to some surplus store wog for cents on the dollars we paid for them.

If you are issued OD combats, the US Woodland bush caps are issued with them.

Originally posted by Aquilus Lupin:
[qb] If you are issued OD combats, the US Woodland bush caps are issued with them. [/qb]
I didn‘t get one. My QM said that only cadpat bush hats are issued and since I dont have a cadpat uniform, no bush hat for me....

Originally posted by AlphaCharlie:
[qb]
Originally posted by Aquilus Lupin:
[qb] If you are issued OD combats, the US Woodland bush caps are issued with them. [/qb]
I didn‘t get one. My QM said that only cadpat bush hats are issued and since I dont have a cadpat uniform, no bush hat for me.... [/qb]
When I had the OD uniform they gave me the CADPAT boonie anyway

Aquilus Lupin,

If you are issued OD combats, the US Woodland bush caps are issued with them.
Now the replies following yours shows what happens when you make a definitive statement without having all the facts.

Better to have said "Some people here, that were issued OD combat, were issued with them".

Small point but a big lesson for all you youngsters. Try only to give facts if you know they‘re absolute. It‘s a big place and some have never been out of their own backyards to see what others are doing.

I own a US bushcap. I was issued it in 2000 when I was on PR at the war museum in Ottawa. I had the Cadpat issued to me then too, only one set though.. so the answer to the original question is YES, the CF have the US woodland pattern "boonie hat".

Bzz

I was issued OD combats in Nov with the old robin hood style bush cap to go with it. I got my new bush cap with new combats in March and never saw the American style one.

Back