• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is that an ELCAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, because your looking at it from the other side? STOP
Don't forget that the toy "elaine scope" is a 1:1 replica externally. STOP
You are making no sense. STOP
Thinking about posting? STOP

Here
http://www.elcan.com/ELCAN_Business_Areas/Sighting_Systems/Products/Day_Sights/SpecterOS34x.php
1_SpecterOS34x_topImage.jpg

same angle, no sticky outy thingy there.

This kinda looks like it.
http://www.elcan.com/ELCAN_Business_Areas/Sighting_Systems/Products/Day_Sights/SpecterM145.php

The SME will be along to sort this thingy thing out I am sure.  ;D

a bit of a hijack:

I was reading thru the rifle sights Elcan provides, check this baby out:
http://www.elcan.com/ELCAN_Business_Areas/Sighting_Systems/Products/Day_Sights/SpecterDR.php

Dual Role 1x and 4x Combat Sight

SpecterDR represents a revolution in optical sight design. The world's first truly dual field of view combat optical sight that combines the best of close and precision fire ranged combat features. SpecterDR switches instantly from 4x magnified sight to a 1x CQB sight at the throw of a lever. Unlike zoom sights, the SpecterDR offers an optimized optical path and identical eye relief in both 4x and 1x modes. Depending on the situation, the user may adjust the sight to illuminate the entire crosshair or just a 1.5 MoA dot in the center. In 1x mode, the SpecterDR has by far the largest field of view in the industry. In 4x mode the SpecterDR offers a generous field of view, long eye relief, and ELCAN's legendary crystal clear image. Situational awareness in both magnifications is improved with ultra-wide viewing angles and unmatched viewing in low light conditions. SpecterDR is half the weight and twice the capability of carrying two scopes, without compromise to mission effectiveness or reliability.

The SpecterDR offers the best single solution for both CQB and Long Range engagements and is designed to withstand the rigors of modern professional use.

Its a 1x AND 4x scope, with a dot or illuminated crosshair. Would this not be a better rifle sight for all of our riflemen?

The SME will be along to sort this thingy thing out I am sure.

I should hope so  ;D

If not I might have a couple more drinks and think I'm allowed to post in this forum again  ;).

sober_ruski said:
Here
http://www.elcan.com/ELCAN_Business_Areas/Sighting_Systems/Products/Day_Sights/SpecterOS34x.php
1_SpecterOS34x_topImage.jpg

same angle, no sticky outy thingy there.

This kinda looks like it.
http://www.elcan.com/ELCAN_Business_Areas/Sighting_Systems/Products/Day_Sights/SpecterM145.php

its an ELCAN.......the "thingy" is an optical illusion because of the photo angle.

an airsoft sight on a real MG.......give your head a shake  ::)

Klc said:
If not I might have a couple more drinks and think I'm allowed to post in this forum again  ;).
Advice, put your mittens on.
They let you use a mouse, but not type effectively.
Think of them as a BFA for your keyboard.

A good idea on a desktop, but my laptop has a trackpad. I thought about disabling the keyboard, but I always just re-enable it to type me feet into me mouth.

Someone should make a USB Breathalyzer, and find a way to keep me from posting if I fail it... I'd buy it.

/unhijack

SMMT -- The SpectreDr has suffered a number of problems -- people in Pet and down the road tested them and found that the switch from 1-4 would typically alter the zero...
USSOC added a Dr Optic min reddot to the top so the shooter could keep it at 4x and use the Doc for CQB...

The scope in the the initial picture is the M145, it has the "picatinny clicker" mount that has a torque knob that the user can tighten to a certain pressure (IIRC 65ft/lbs) and then it willl just stop and start clicking as it will not tighten past [in theory....] the US Army issue M68 CCO (Aimpoint) has the same attachment device.
Talking to friends in USSOC - they have had some zero loss issues but they where for a heavier upgraded version of the mount after learning from our C79 experiences

Infidel-6 said:
SMMT -- The SpectreDr has suffered a number of problems -- people in Pet and down the road tested them and found that the switch from 1-4 would typically alter the zero...

Interesting, I should ask my friend about this(he is one of the optical engineers working on that scope), I heard about it comming about 2 years ago. Neat to see it now.

So this is common dog for the Yanks? I just wouldnt have thought that there would be a whole lot of need for a 3.5* sight on a MAG 58 (Thats aussie talk for C6). I would have thought firing with a scope defeated the whole purpose of the weapon, mainly putting multiple rounds onto the target in the shortest possible time.

Hale said:
So this is common dog for the Yanks? I just wouldnt have thought that there would be a whole lot of need for a 3.5* sight on a MAG 58 (Thats aussie talk for C6). I would have thought firing with a scope defeated the whole purpose of the weapon, mainly putting multiple rounds onto the target in the shortest possible time.
For longer range shots, I could see *some* use for a magnified sight.  Having said that, the proper method for engaging with the MAG 58 (or "C6" in Canuck) is to align the sights on the target, fire, then raise your head and together with your number two, observe the strike.  Does it warrant its use all the time?  No friggin' idea....

Cheers Man who goes under many names but was once known as Capt Scarlet. It struck me as a bit odd because, as you said, your not going to keep your head looking down the sights when firing and i wouldn't have thought for a decent burst you'd be able to see much through a sight with all the shake and that. I suppose our American brethren can afford to do it though. And I'm sure that it'd come in handy at some stage.

One big disadvantage if it really IS a C79, is that the reticle in a C79 is designed for the trajectory of a 5.56 round. Now, not being a weapons tech or an ammo tech, I would still think that the trajectory of a 5.56, and a 7.62 are actually quite different. Therefore, i surmise that if this is in fact a C79, they either put it up there just fo r the heck of it, or just so they could see 3.4 times farther away??

It is a M145 MGO -- with the 7.62 reticle (also a battery powered red dot as well)

Depending on the round and MV you can get 5.56mm that mimicks 7.62 trajectory out to 600m.

I'd submitt your really out of your lane on this.

Infidel-6 said:
It is a M145 MGO -- with the 7.62 reticle (also a battery powered red dot as well)

Depending on the round and MV you can get 5.56mm that mimicks 7.62 trajectory out to 600m.

I'd submitt your really out of your lane on this.

Ya, and depending on the weather conditions, it might rain and it might not. Since, the C79 is design for our C& weapons, and to some extent the C(, which shoots the NATO STANDARD 5.56, and since the weapon in question was thought to be a C6 which would shoot a NATO STANDARD 7.62, it is easy to understand that the bullet trajectories would not match.

I submit you are pulling straws out of your hat on this one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back