• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is that an ELCAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they use them quite a bit.....it seems always to be on their M240(same as our C6, well kinda...)

MJP said:
same as our C6, well kinda...

Tried to explain that to a US marine Captian (FAC), on a hill top in Ft Hunter Ligget. Did not go so well.
Then tried to explain how the C9 and  SAW were basically the same. "No...ours is .223, your's is 5.56. Your's is bigger."
Even with the C6 and C9 side by each, it did not connect.  ::)

Frankie said:
Tried to explain that to a US marine Captian (FAC), on a hill top in Ft Hunter Ligget. Did not go so well.
Then tried to explain how the C9 and  SAW were basically the same. "No...ours is .223, your's is 5.56. Your's is bigger."
Even with the C6 and C9 side by each, it did not connect.  ::)

???  OK!  You lost me.  A C6 is 7.62 mm and the C9 is 5.56 mm.  Did you try comparing our ammo for the C6 to their ammo to the M240whatever?  and then do the same for the C9 ammo and their M16 and Mwhatevertheir SAW is?  Comparing our C6 to our C9 doesn't make sense.

The C6 and the C9 are based on the FN MAG and the FN MINIMI respectively.  The FN MAG came first.  The FN MINIMI is of a similar design as the FN MAG, but tooled a bit differently (MINIMI has a bolt, MAG has a breech block, among other differences).  Handling, etc, are virtually identical.  Also, if the mag housing were not on the C9, it could be used in the SF Kit in lieu of the C6 if the C6 were to be NS for any reason.  Check out the holes on the side of the C9 and the C6 when they are side by each: identical dimensions.

I think that's what the poster meant, maybe.

Whole conversation started with "Hey that thing is kinda like our SAW." referring to my C6.
"Yes it is sir, only 7.62. Basically the same weapon as your 240. We have basically the same weapon as your SAW, we call it the C9, it's 5.56"

"No, our's is .223, your's bigger"

"No sir, the C9 and SAW are pretty much the same weapon." I grab a C9, sit it beside my C6. "See, this C9 is 5.56, and this C6 is 7.62. The 5.56 C9 and .223  SAW are the same basic weapon in all measures."

No luck.

Guess he was one of the few 'thick ones' that snuck through the Marines.

Frankie said:
"No, our's is .223, your's bigger"

Small civy hijack : I presumed that is in inch ?
So he got confused with cm and inch ?

George Wallace said:
Guess he was one of the few 'thick ones' that snuck through the Marines.

Hey....I resemble that!!!  ;D

It looks like an Elane scope.
http://www.safarasoftair.com/images/ELANE-M1A5-L.jpg

Note the little thingy sticking out.

sober_ruski said:
It looks like an Elane scope.
http://www.safarasoftair.com/images/ELANE-M1A5-L.jpg

Note the little thingy sticking out.

Yeah, because I'm sure they put the airsoft knockoff of a real elcan scope on their weapon...  ::)

it was the first picture i could find of it.

Airsoft stuff is a replica, ie: as close to 1:1 as you can possibly get.

That little protrusion sticking out in the M240 pic. Elcans, at least the ones i've seen, did not have those.

The box says toy right on it! Airsoft "equipment" does not equal real kit!

[Edit: Link went and broke itself. Picture is halfway down on this page http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/259/sort/2/cat/52/page/1]

Please move back into your lane, so I can follow (I am a little bit of a SME in airsoft, but that is not what this thread is about)

If you want to talk airsoft, go to radio chatter - I'll meet you there  ;D

[edit: Anybody know how to post a pic so it shows a thumbnail? I don't want to waste bandwith on this shite]

sober_ruski said:

Pretty much the same thought to came to my mind, you thinking of him going operational with an airsoft scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back