• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is anyone else applying for a support trade?

Generally (and not knowing the specifics of your situation), accredited education and related work experience would be positive factors for a PLAR.

Good luck, and good work at your diet and exercise efforts to gain control over your health!

So, an update on my situation has revealed another setback....hopefully minor.  GARDA was apparently unable to verify my past employment.  Not shocking since the company I worked at for 15 years was sold shortly after I left.  I did think I had noted the new company name on my forms and indicated that the same people still worked there, and contact information was the same....

Also, the references I listed that work there still, well, they work shift work.  I have notified my MCC of these facts and am now waiting again, some more.  :-[  He assigned an Officer Cadet to make the calls this afternoon.

There has been movement...one of my references tells me he was contacted today!!  :)  Way to go Officer Cadet whoever you are !! :)

Tell me, how did you find out you were merit listed?! And how did you ever handle the "nerves" of the wait!??!!  :salute:

Recruiting Centre: Victoria
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: RMS clerk
Applied: June 2014
CFAT: Passed July 2014
Medical: (first) July 2015 (update) TBD
Interview:
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMQ:

If you email your career counsellor you will probably get a quicker response than email the information email address you can get from your CFRC's webpage, whoever did your interview should have given you his or her card, email that person. I was able to get a response within 15 mins sometimes.

Yes, emailing the person who did your interview works like a charm, and usually quicker than the info address (although they do try their best).

As for how I handled the nerves.... I have a wonderful partner who does his best to distract me, and, you know.....exercising is a wonderful distraction/ stress buster.  We tend to go to the gym if I get too wound up.

Good luck to all.....selections are coming up soon!!

Congrats to the newly merited listed people!  I hope you get selected quickly and your wait is finally over!

Things here seem to be progressing a bit quicker than I was expecting.  The RC contacted me this morning to come in for my medical and interview tomorrow afternoon!!!  I was expecting a July or August date for these.  I'm still not sure if I'll get a clear on my medical as per my previous pre-diabetic diagnosis.  I have an appointment on Monday for my bloodwork.  I've figured I'd know before my interview and medical just in case,  I don't want to waste the resources if it determines that I am ineligible.  Anyway, I will hope for the best and expect the worst so as to not get so disappointed.

So was talking to a RMS clerk this weekend, just finished her training, and apparently she was in the last group of clerks on the current training system and they have changed the basic occupational training. Though she didn't know how they were changing it. Anyone hear anything about this, any ideas? I'm mostly wondering if the time frame is different, I know before it was 11 weeks, not sure about how long now.

Selection soon, excellent, hopefully all my stuff will be finished by then.

I agree with desk, exercise is a huge winner for me and just going out, once Iam sitting at home Iam a nervous wreck lol. Iam going the reserve route and there are 2 spots open and 4 of us going for it,  unfortunately me and one other is being held back due to medical ( irregular heart beat) but everything else is done thank goodness!!!! So fingers are crossed but won't be too surprised if I don't get it, my other trades was crewman and weapons tech, weapons tech would be great but 35 weeks is a long time, might be shorter though because of the reserves but we will see what happens with the RMS position. Good luck to the rest of you :)

Good luck to everyone here! May we all get our top choice and may we all find out soon!  It is getting even more nerve wracking for those of us merit listed, knowing that some selections will be made Monday.  I will be glued to my phone I can assure you!

Hey, was just wondering if anyone has heard anything this week yet? I know that the selections were this week for RMS clerk. I talked to my interviewer and he said there were 36 spots available and that they weren't needing to take any more new applications to fill those spots. 
I'm not sure if I got in on these selections, my medical just passed on Tuesday. Still have my fingers crossed though.
Curious to see when they start calling applicants with job offers.

I read somewhere on here that it would be 7 to 10 business days after selections to get a call....so next week we should start seeing posts about it, maybe?

deskjockey43 said:
I read somewhere on here that it would be 7 to 10 business days after selections to get a call....so next week we should start seeing posts about it, maybe?

It all depends on how quickly the PSOs get the decisions out the RCs. If your File Manager walks in Tuesday morning and sees and email saying that you have been selected for enrolment, unless they forget, there's no reason why you wouldn't know that day.

Keep in mind, PSOs have a lot of emails to send, and your File Manager likely has a lot of emails to read and send, so it may take a couple days; but there is not set range.

True, but being selected and getting your offer are two different feelings. Once an offer is made at least dates are known.

RelentlessTsunami said:
True, but being selected and getting your offer are two different feelings. Once an offer is made at least dates are known.

Well successful selection would equal receiving a job offer so... Pretty sure the same holds true.

LunchMeat said:
Well successful selection would equal receiving a job offer so... Pretty sure the same holds true.

There's a period of time where your name was selected and an offer has
n't been put together yet.

Dates are key, that's what I want to know.  Finding out when is going to drive me crazy. I'd love to start in July but would also be fine with Aug. I just want to know. I want to be able to give lots of notice at work and train someone to replace me. At least we know it won't be before July 27th that anyone starts. Means I can get a trip home in too. (Already a military wife and I haven't been home in 2 years) If your planning a holidays July would be a good time to do that. Chances are if/when you get into the military you will be busy until Christmas time.

It's not official till you get that call....the RC may already know, but they have to do their admin stuff before they can go calling anyone willy-nilly.  I expect we will start getting calls and seeing posts next week.

LunchMeat said:
It all depends on how quickly the PSOs get the decisions out the RCs. If your File Manager walks in Tuesday morning and sees and email saying that you have been selected for enrolment, unless they forget, there's no reason why you wouldn't know that day.

PSO's aren't involved in the selection process.  You get selected, the selection gets validated, then your CFRC gets notified of the offer, they then have to do a complete file review to ensure nothing was missed.  If everything looks okay and checks out, then the official offer will be made but not before.

Average time for offers to start going out after a scheduled selection date is roughly what deskjockey43 mentioned above, 7-10 business days.  Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, it all depends on how many people were selected during that round.

Back