• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview Is Tomorrow--- Prep Form QUESTIONS

Armored_Crew_Man

Inactive
Reaction score
I have my Medical and Interview booked for tomorrow. When I first applied I had put Infantry Soldier as my first choice then followed by Armored Crewmen and Artillery Soldier. After I passed my CFAT, I sat down with a recruitment officer for a quick discussion on if I scored high enough for all 3 choices. Which I did, I had competitive results...BUT he told me Infantry will almost 100% won't be opening up but he did tell me Crewmen selecting process was in November and sure enough I now have my interview and medical a couple days before November.

But the thing is, Infantry really isn't my first choice anymore, after a closer look and more research I find I'd be more suitable as an Armored Crewmen. Now I am filling in the interview prep form tonight, so it is fresh in my head. But I am wondering, should I fill this out for every choice I had? I think I know almost everything a recruit should need to know about Crewmen, slightly Infantry and not so much Artillery.

SO should I expect to be asked the same questions like "Name bad points about this occupation" or "What personal job skills can assist you in the occupation" (Note I just got out of highschool so 4 skills for 3 occupations is hard to answer) for all three occupations? I have no problem in preparing for it, just I feel like I'd perform better at the interview being able to focus on one occupation then be asked about all three with similar questions.

Hopefully someone understands my question and can give a little information, thanks!  :)

I haven't had my interview yet but it's good to be prepared for all 3 trades and be good for all three interviews. Just because you are competitive doesn't mean you'll be high enough up on the list for a job offer for crewman. Just Incase that backfires you still have your other two trades to hope for in the coming months as well as another crewman selection eventually. Good luck on your interview, let me know how it goes.

Infantry soldier has more then enough applicants to fill the remaining spots for this fiscal year. Which is probably why the Officer told you it will not be opening for some time(next fiscal year).

Considering you have your interview and medical tomorrow, you can more then likely forget about being included in the November selections. It will take about 2-3 weeks for your medical to come back from the Recruit Medical Officer(RMO) in Ottawa, assuming there are no complications on your side. Also they may still have to complete your background check, which can take 2 weeks to a month to finish. After all that is finished(interview, medical, background check) you will be put on the merit list. The next selection date for armoured/infantry/artillery is Nov 3rd and the 24th. So your are more then likely to late.

When it comes to the interview prep form, fill it out for all your choices. They do not look at which is the first, second or third. You will be considered for all three, however how well you do at the interview will decide which trades your are best suited for. If you really don't want infantry then drop it from your list. If you really only want armoured then drop all your other trade choices.

When it comes to skills for each trade try to bring in whatever work experience you have. Armoured is heavily focused on team work and being reactionary. Talk about any sports you played, leadership positions, etc.

Hope that helps, and good luck tomorrow.

Moore said:
I haven't had my interview yet but it's good to be prepared for all 3 trades and be good for all three interviews. Just because you are competitive doesn't mean you'll be high enough up on the list for a job offer for crewman. Just Incase that backfires you still have your other two trades to hope for in the coming months as well as another crewman selection eventually. Good luck on your interview, let me know how it goes.

It went awesome, just that I scored V4 on my eye test (Bad lazy eye), and it turns out I'm fully color blind and some how didn't know it...so they crossed artillery out of my choices, so I am going to an optometrist tomorrow and hopefully I improve to a V3.

Armored_Crew_Man said:
It went awesome, just that I scored V4 on my eye test (Bad lazy eye), and it turns out I'm fully color blind and some how didn't know it...so they crossed artillery out of my choices, so I am going to an optometrist tomorrow and hopefully I improve to a V3.

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear about your vision problems. But it really is impossible to know if you're color blind if you think colors are supposed to be a certain way haha. I'm glad you did well on your interview and medical, good luck on the rest of your process. Keep us updated!

I think Infantry is V2 or V3,
Armored acceptable is V3. So, if you are V4, that won't work, see if your doctor can help you.

Back