• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interesting Fact About SQ + BIQ... SQBIQ???

LukerB

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys and gal's,

So yesterday I went into the recruiting center in Barrie. I talked to a really nice recruiter actually, he sat down with me and went over all of my questions and got me an application package. By the way for anyone wondering, they come with a CD now that outlines all of the jobs available in the CF, info on the training, how to contact ANY recruiters, etc. It's really great, and everything in the folder they give you is outlined with a checklist to make sure you have everything you need and you dont miss out on handing any forms in.

But getting to the point of this thread; As I was talking to the recruiter yesterday I asked him about SQ and BIQ and how a friend of mine who belongs to PPCLI 1st Batallion had his SQ and BIQ offered back to back in Edmonton where he was sent after BMQ, as opposed to doing SQ somewhere else, then doing his BIQ in Edmonton. I asked him how often this happens or if this was just a rare occasion. His response was that they've changed how it works; He informed me that they are now combining the SQ and BIQ courses into one course just like my friend did. So they will now be offered back to back when you are sent to your Regiment right after BMQ. Just thought it was something interesting that everyone would want to know. Whether it's actually true or not is another story, but it did come straight from the recruiters mouth so take it for what it's worth!

As another side note, I'm really excited to get the ball rolling on this. Can't wait to be a part of the CF family. As some people may have seen in my other thread I'm a police foundations student, but this is something I've always wanted to do and only being 20 years old and finished my course, I have plenty of time to get in with the RCMP or, if I like the military that much, stay in the Infantry even longer and remuster over to an MP when I'm ready. But I can't wait to get this great experience under my belt and see what I'm really made of. I'm hoping I'll get put through fast enough to be doing my BMQ by the end of January, but I know it can be a VERY lengthy process. I'm certainly willing to wait though  :)

All the best,
Luke.

SQ and BIQ are being combined for the infantry. Are you going to the Patricias?

BIQ is now DP1 Qualification, as it is for most other combat arms trades (minus Combat Engineers), where they do both their "SQ" and QL3 at the same time.

"SQ" as it was formerly know is now something for Combat Service Support Personnel (Sigs, Medics, MPs, Supp techs, etc) called BMQ - Land. Its basically the same thing as SQ was, but chopped down to 4 instead of 7 weeks. I hope that helps clarify things for you.

SQ is still known as SQ. There has been no change in it's name, however it is 4 rather than the 7 weeks it used to be. Those three weeks were taken from SQ and added to BMQ.

As it currently stands, aspiring infanteers go straight from BMQ to DP1 Infantry.

Lets get our terms straight.

DP stands for Development Period.
Thus DP1 = BMQ + SQ + basic trades training.
for Infantry DP1 = BMQ + BIQ

Great! Glad you guys could clarify that.
And yes I am very interested in the Patricia's as it stands right now, I think it'd be nice to live out in Edmonton. Though you never know, as I go through basic training that may change but I don't see why it would.

Last I heard, SQ is going from 4 weeks BACK to 7 weeks, and BMQ is going from 13 down to 10.

Apparently they're adding more field weeks to SQ.  Maybe my source is mistaken, but this is what he told me when he came back from his SQ in Meaford.

rmc_wannabe said:
BIQ is now DP1 Qualification, as it is for most other combat arms trades (minus Combat Engineers), where they do both their "SQ" and QL3 at the same time.

"SQ" as it was formerly know is now something for Combat Service Support Personnel (Sigs, Medics, MPs, Supp techs, etc) called BMQ - Land. Its basically the same thing as SQ was, but chopped down to 4 instead of 7 weeks. I hope that helps clarify things for you.

Negative on you first statement, on the Section Member Course (i.e. QL3) we do not teach support weapons.

Supporting documentation for your second statement?

Back