• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Intelligence cap badge

Metal Sigs capbadges are for CWOs and Officers. A regulation to that effect would probably be in the Dress Instructions, however it may be specific to the branch.

It hasnt been clarified here so I will amplify - there are at least four different types of Int cap badges (1980-2005 era):

a) All metal/enamel: as already mentioned, was supposed to be for the forage cap, although many used it for the beret as well. 

b) Cloth w/ metal star: If I remember correctly this was supposed to replace the all-metal badge.  Problem is, hardly anyone ever shined the metal star, so didnt look very good when you had a cloth badge with a grey/black star...

c) All cloth: Standard issue starting in the mid 1990's if I recall correctly.

d) Field pattern: Green patch with int badge pattern for wearing on field caps.

Old pattern Intelligence Corps badge, at least two types:

a) All metal: ALL one piece silver crown and wreathe with silver scroll in middle 

b) Field pattern: Green patch with Int Corps badge pattern for field caps.

Ive been to cloathing stoes at Naden (Esquimalt) and CFB Longue Pointe and both only carry the cloat and metal star one. I'm an Int. O looking for the full metallic.

Doesn't anybody know where I could find one?

There is no such thing as full metalic.

If you're looking for gold and silver wire ones which is what most if not aLl of the Int Os have at my unit you can find it at Penny's of Thunderbay.

I've made more then 1 purchase from them and they're all good to go in my books.

dan514 said:
Yes it does exist:

And I haven't found one.

Because we haven't worn that in ages. They don't exist anymore.

MedTech said:
Because we haven't worn that in ages. They don't exist anymore.

Re read what I said please. This pattern of cap badge is obsolete, you cannot wear this on your beret!

Now if you're getting it for purely the fun ha ha factor, then you can probably find them on eBay or local surplus shops.

Back