• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Intelligence cap badge

MP 811

Inactive
Reaction score
Im looking to buy a metal intelligence cap badge.  Im not even sure they exist to be quite honest as all i've ever seen are the cloth ones.  If anyone has a metal capbadge they'd be willing to offload, please let me know.

Like you, I don't think that there is a metal one.  You will, however, be able to find old metal ones from before Unification.

George Wallace said:
Like you, I don't think that there is a metal one.  You will, however, be able to find old metal ones from before Unification.

Jeez George, don't tell me you've stooped to wearing a cloth badge :eek: Can it even be called a badge? More like a patch I'd say ::) ;D

Yup, cloth representaions of badges shall be called 'Cap Patches'  from now on :salute:

Don't think the branch ever had one.

Now, if you really would like one? Contact Penny's of Thunderbay and ask them to make one for you. They can pretty much make anything :)

I could of sworn Naval Int Officer have them here. I'll keep my eyes peel in this part of the woods.

Regards,
Schultz

Thanks MedTech for the link.  Ill definitely check them out and Shultz, I'd appreciate it if you let me know if you see the officers wearing one.  I suspect its probably one of those mylar ones....

thanks all..

All the Int O's I've seen have embroidered patches with the metal (?) star on their forage caps/bowlers.  I haven't seen any metal ones as of yet...

Ya, there actually all the same now apparently, ncm cap badges have that semi metal north star on the capbadge as well..

MP 811 said:
Ya, there actually all the same now apparently, ncm cap badges have that semi metal north star on the capbadge as well..

Yup all the same :) the O types can wear the wired badges while NCMs have the non-wired ones. There is still a distinction between the good ones and the ones handed out to you at grad parade ;D

MP 811 said:
Im looking to buy a metal intelligence cap badge.  Im not even sure they exist to be quite honest as all i've ever seen are the cloth ones.  If anyone has a metal capbadge they'd be willing to offload, please let me know.

Without dropping names on here; I've seen a metal Int cap brass worn... A clerk from my unit who has recently CT'd Int has one and was wearing it up until he found a proper cloth one (you know who I'm talking about, you met him on Remembrance day). So, I have seen them... But, the big question is; is it a current issued one? I'm guessing probably not.  I know a lot of trades once had metal brasses and have switched to cloth, and the metal ones, besides being made from metal, have some minor details which are different from the cloth badges.  The brass he had look exactly like the cloth one (besides the obvious difference) so... Perhaps you should ask him about getting one... he has a 'source'.

Is a posser related to a possum?  >:D

... and are they related to squirrels?  ;D

I have the int cap badge in stock in enamel which of course is not longer an issue item with the new cloth cap badges being used. These are of course original metal badges. If you need one you can contact me offline

The old, all metal Int badges were for the forage caps. I was issued one when I got in, but I think that was more of a case that the supply tech was trying to get rid of them more than anything else. No one uses them that I know of, but I don't believe the branch has ever laid down a formal standard for the wear of hatbadges. I have seen the old Int hatbadges in surplus stores every now and again. I would recommend you check around with surplus/militaria shops and ask, or better yet go and nose around and see for yourself. I've found that more than a few surplus store owners have no idea what an Int hatbadge looks like (I once got into it with a store clerk who was convinced that the PSO badge was the Int one because it said "Intelligere" on it...) Flea markets are a good source as well. I picked up a nice set of Captains CIntC shoulderboards at one once.

There used to be an all-cloth hatbadge, but I haven't seen anyone wear one of those in years. I suspect they were intended for wear by NCMs, but somewhere along the line they did away with them. The "standard" now (see above) is the cloth and metal hatbadge, which is worn by Officers and NCMs in all elements. Of those, the older ones are way better made than the new ones, but a little harder to find. The new ones used a different supplier (I suspect), and the quality is pretty poor. There's a guy who does the wire onces at the C&E museum in Kingston, which are pretty nice. I've seen a couple of officers wear them, and I think they look pretty cunnin'.

If you want the wire and metal one you can also find them at Penny's they're a good source for many things military accoutrement related.

MedTech said:
If you want the wire and metal one you can also find them at Penny's they're a good source for many things military accoutrement related.
Please remember you get what you pay for.

I don't know what you mean mate, but I've been wearing their capbadges for over 4 years now, and through two seperate MOC changes, and mine are great. Care to clarify?

Not wanting to start a new thread, and this thread is related (heavily) to my topic, I am thinking it best to post my query here.

I am a sig op, and I have managed to aquire an enameled (all metal type) cap badge.
Are we permitted to wear these instead of our all cloth cap badge? Why do I ask? I prefer the appearance.

Does anyone know of any DAOD or QR&O that says I cannot wear my all metal cap badge instead of my cloth one?

Thanks bunches!

Nites

Back