• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Int Op trade tell me more and more reg force please

I have been lurking on this site for some time now and have been following this thread since my COTP application to Int Op, going to and completing the course and being posted. 

Thought I'd join and share some info.

The new course for both NCM and Officer is just shy of six months in length. 

The next round of students (NCM) will start the course in May and the class will be total airforce pers.  The BIOC that is currently on the ground will end in June.  Two courses per year for NCM as well as 2 per year for BIOC.

MOD 1 is DL, MOD 2 is Core, and MOD 3 is environment specific.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Retired AF Guy said:
Actually, the bible for the Int Trade is B-GJ-005-200/FP-000 Joint Intelligence Doctrine.
B-GL-357-001/FP-001 is the Army version of B-GJ-005, but with more detail on army stuff such as IPB, ISTAR, HUMINT, etc. 

FYI, HUMINT is a seperate manual (B-GL-357-002)...

Thanks for keeping  up on this thread.  Seems like a good bunch already,  a few questions to fuel the fire then.

a) Can some one discuss the major differences (if there are any) between an Int Op posted in Ottawa and an Int Op attached to a battle group?

b) I am to finish BMQ on July 17,  which course will I most likely be loaded into after that, and when does it start?

c)Will I have time to read INT field manuals during BMQ?

d) Is BMQ exactly the same for every one or is there trade specific components?

That's all for now.  Thanks in advance

BC

BMQ is identical no matter what you do. 

No you wont have time to read anything on your BMQ, nor will you want to.

As far as I understand it, after BMQ your next course would be the INT OP QL5 or whatever they are calling the new version.  As to when it starts, thats one aspect, but the more important one is, where are you in the waiting list.

For example, my CT to INTO has been accepted, but they said I wont be doing a BIOC until 2012 as there are 110 people waiting in line ahead of me.  So ill be a useless paper pusher for 3 years.  I am not sure what the waiting list is like for NCMs, but that is the more important question for you to figure out right now.

Also, hook me up with more combat school!  ;D

How about question a)
Plus I'll get you CS when I get it.  My guy is usually a day or two back.

Unfortunately I dont know the answer to that, its something I wouldnt mind knowing myself.

ltmaverick25 said:
For example, my CT to INTO has been accepted, but they said I wont be doing a BIOC until 2012 as there are 110 people waiting in line ahead of me.  So ill be a useless paper pusher for 3 years. 

With a little imagination you could easily turn those three years into some useful professional development...

I'm hoping that the paper you push won't be useless, and that you do find it a most excellent wait.
Take the great advice from Greymatters

Greymatters said:
With a little imagination you could easily turn those three years into some useful professional development...

Ive put in a request to be posted to RMC, where I can work on a PhD War Studies, focusing in the intelligence studies field.  I like to think thats pretty useful for both me and the CF.  Im not holding my breath though.

ltmaverick25 said:
BMQ is identical no matter what you do. 

No you wont have time to read anything on your BMQ, nor will you want to.

As far as I understand it, after BMQ your next course would be the INT OP QL5 or whatever they are calling the new version.  As to when it starts, thats one aspect, but the more important one is, where are you in the waiting list.

For example, my CT to INTO has been accepted, but they said I wont be doing a BIOC until 2012 as there are 110 people waiting in line ahead of me.  So ill be a useless paper pusher for 3 years.  I am not sure what the waiting list is like for NCMs, but that is the more important question for you to figure out right now.

Also, hook me up with more combat school!  ;D

The line seems to be getting more backed up...for Army guys I originally heard May and now RUMINT is September.

Its amazing how this trade used to always get dumped on and now there's a huge lineup to join...

The main problem is that the school lacks space to run multiple courses.  Because it deals with classified material, they can't use a regular class room.

The QL5A backlog is not that significant.

Greymatters said:
Its amazing how this trade used to always get dumped on and now there's a huge lineup to join...

I think the huge lineup to join stems more from the trade being opened up to people coming in off the street then it does a mass influx of VOTs.  It does seem that, at least in the army the trade is not dumped on as much as it used to be.  In the navy its still dumped on quite a bit. 

Greymatters said:

Too many people thinking that the name is glamourous and that they can be James Bond.  Unfortunately, the only thing glamourous is the name.  No one gets a "License to Kill".  No one does espionage.  There is a Law that prevents MI from gathering information on anything remotely domestic.  The real "James Bonds" are the Combat Arms and other 'sensor operators' who gather the information that MI will sift through to come up with their products.

My particulars finally came through, I will re aquire my licence to be a James Bond sexy stud muffin as of 8 Jul.  I think im going to send my tuxedo in for exchange.  The last time around the outfit and licence never got me any action!  :-[

ltmaverick25 said:
My particulars finally came through, I will re aquire my licence to be a James Bond sexy stud muffin as of 8 Jul.  I think im going to send my tuxedo in for exchange.  The last time around the outfit and licence never got me any action!  :-[

So?  You are a Cpl again?

No no,

I am an Acting Sub Lieutenent.  Im going INTO remember?  I was joking around because I went INT OP, MARS, now INTO.  But I am still sad that my former sexy Int career did not yield the james bond benefits!!!  My TOS clearly stated that it would...

Congrats Itmaverick25 !

Are you going to start a PhD at RMC this summer too ?

Back