• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Int Op trade tell me more and more reg force please

Sitting in a CFRC at this very moment and INT OP is not open to Unskilled or Semi-Skilled applicants.  In fact it is open to skilled applicants "for consideration" on a "Case-by-Case Basis".

George Wallace said:
Sitting in a CFRC at this very moment and INT OP is not open to Unskilled or Semi-Skilled applicants.  In fact it is open to skilled applicants "for consideration" on a "Case-by-Case Basis".

Thanks, George. That's the impression that I was under to begin with and I was a little surprised when the recruiter told me that it was still open. I'm not really sure how he made the mistake though, I specified twice that I was referring to a civilian with no military experience applying for the trade and he told me that the numbers he had stated that there were still spots open.
Guess I'm not really missing out on anything if it was never an option in the first place, back to my other trade choice I go!  ;D

Talked to a recruiter today and he told me that Intelligence operator is  open for civvy's but the chance of being hired vs. someone with military experience is low.

Also, as of October 31st two Intelligence Operator positions opened up for the Air Force and I believe those are the only two openings right now. They could already be filled though.

Dean22 said:
Talked to a recruiter today and he told me that Intelligence operator is  open for civvy's

Hmmm, maybe you talked to the same guy I talked to  ;D
Would you mind PM'ing me his name? I'm curious now...

Dean22 said:
Talked to a recruiter today and he told me that Intelligence operator is  open for civvy's but the chance of being hired vs. someone with military experience is low.

Also, as of October 31st two Intelligence Operator positions opened up for the Air Force and I believe those are the only two openings right now. They could already be filled though.

When they are open to civilians, they are looking for "SKILLED" personnel.  That means that they are looking for "former" CF INT Ops who may want to rejoin the CF.

George Wallace said:
When they are open to civilians, they are looking for "SKILLED" personnel.  That means that they are looking for "former" CF INT Ops who may want to rejoin the CF.

That's not what I was told, but hey you could be right and the recruiter could be wrong.

Perhaps you didn't correctly interpret the words that the Recruiter was saying, prefering to hear only what you wanted to hear.  It is a common problem.

George Wallace said:
Perhaps you didn't correctly interpret the words that the Recruiter was saying, prefering to hear only what you wanted to hear.  It is a common problem.

No, I was told he could transfer my file over to Int Op if I wanted but I told him I was just inquiring. I am positive I am not in the "Skilled" category either.

Back