• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Int Op trade tell me more and more reg force please

spud said:
I'm sorry George, I don't understand, which impression...direct entry?

Yes!  How did you come to this conclusion with the evidence provided? 

spud said:
I REALLY wish I had known Int Op was going to be open to direct entry, I would have investigated it much further. How long since it was "opened up"?

potato

You have created a false impression from your 'analysis' of his statement:

gelan said:
I'm a former 3 RCR infantry soldier and plan on re-enlisting as an Int. Op. .............

............. I've been out since August 2005, ............

Perhaps you are better off elsewhere after skipping this post.   ;)

commo_dude said:
The INT QL 5 course is 14 wks long. 9 in the common phase and 5 in the element specific phase.

Your qualifications are good for 5 yrs after getting out so you are in luck.

Thanks George and commo_dude.

Those are the exact answers I needed!

George Wallace said:
Yes!  How did you come to this conclusion with the evidence provided? 

Um, well from the evidence provided I deduced that he was a fomer servcice person re-entering the military. Nothing more. But, I then went to the recruiting website and read:

Entry Plans: The Intelligence Operator occupation is usually available through Occupation Transfer. Preferred candidates should have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of other languages, multi-cultural experience and operational experience are considered an asset.

Other applicants to be considered are:

Civilian personnel who have formerly served in the CF

Component Transfer applicants who are re-enrolling or transferring from the Reserve

I took this to mean that it is open to direct entry, off the street, (with military experience) ie. not solely occupational transfer.  At the time I was doing my re-enrolment paperwork, I was told that Int Op was an OT trade only.

potato

Civilian personnel who have formerly served in the CF
  ;D  (That would be like an OT, CT or VOT)

Now, remember you can be an 'applicant', but that still does not mean you have made all the prerequisites that they want and get accepted.  You could have the highest IQ (as a few posters look upon themselves lately) and degrees up the hoop; but if you do not have the proper skills and the 'personality traits' necessary for a certain job or position, you are not likely to get it.  (That goes for any Trade.)

George Wallace said:
  ;D  (That would be like an OT, CT or VOT)

Now, remember you can be an 'applicant', but that still does not mean you have made all the prerequisites that they want and get accepted.  You could have the highest IQ (as a few posters look upon themselves lately) and degrees up the hoop; but if you do not have the proper skills and the 'personality traits' necessary for a certain job or position, you are not likely to get it.  (That goes for any Trade.)

Understood George, absolutely. Could have saved us a couple of postings if I had explained myself better as well.  :p

Cheers,
Potato

Hopefully someone is still reading this thread and can answer another  question I have about the Trade in question.

What are the basic requirements for this? The recruiters don't really want to talk to me because they have no openings (until Apr. 1st, which I expected), or maybe it's just this one...

That issue aside, what previous military qualification level in my old MOC is required to be considered? QL3? QL4?

They want you to have at least 4 yrs by the end of the yr you apply in.
They prefer you to have QL5 in your previous trade however there are exceptions.
It is a COTP program so it is an ongoing yearly.
The board sits this month and only sits once per yr so next Nov 2007 is when the next selection board sits.

Looks like being a 111 isn't in the cards for me right now, I don't think I have the experience to enter the trade from the Supp. Res. right now. I'll go into 291 and get some experience in a similar trade and if I can, OT down the line, but I'm sure I'll love being a 291!

Thanks for all the help and answers everyone!

First off, they are taking reservists and putting them on reg force QL5 and also taking reservists and allowing them to transfer to Regular force.

I am a former 291er and you will wait 1 to 1 1/2 yrs just for your top secret clearance.

The majority of Int Ops seems to be from the Combat Arms.

If you really want to go Int Op, don't waste your time in another trade looking to get experience.

I'm being phased out of my current job at the moment, and will not be employed in a short time... I have wanted to get back in for a long while, and this is the opportunity that I need. Every recruiting Center has told me there are no openings for Int Op, and I wouldn't be guaranteed to get in because I don't have the 4 years experience needed. I also don't have any major MOC qualifications besides my Infantry QL3. I can't wait around until April hoping to be accepted in June or, as far as you yourself have said in this thread, not unil Nov Next year. I simply cannot wait this long. I REALLY want Int Op, I have read almost everything I can on it, contacted Res. units to ask what the job actually entails, but all 3 recruiting centers I have spoke to think it's futile for me to even put the application in. I wish this wasnt' the case, but I don't know what else to do. It's a gamble that I'm not personally or financially able to pursue right now.

My father spoke to a former 291 that now works in his area today, and passed on some information about the trade that really interested me. I checked it out and I think I would really enjoy it as well.

gelan said:
...all 3 recruiting centers I have spoke to think it's futile for me to even put the application in.

That's why they make you put 3 choices down. Not to paint recruiting centres in a bad light (I know some CFRC folks that are dedicated, switched on types) they really don't have a clue about the trade, or it's requirements. When I joined, they swore up and down that the Branch didn't require anybody, that they were closed, and that there was no way that I would get in. They were full of crap, and I had to personally call the local Res Int unit to find out the truth. The Branch is hurting for Int Ops, and while you may be a year short from having your four years in, that should't stop you from applying if your heart is set on it. I have two reg force individuals working with me that had Privates on their Int Op QL5A serials.

:dontpanic:

That really pisses me off, because when I was there, handing in my Application, I had 111 as my #1, and 291 as my #2, but the Captain was standing there and told me to take it off my application because he wouldn't even bother interviewing me for it because it's "mostly internal trade anyway"

It pissed me off, but it wasn't worth it to argue with him, because he's the guy who would be interviewing me anyway.

gelan

There is a problem in the CFRCs right now with regard to accepting pers for INT OP.  I know a couple of Res Inf Sgts trying to get into the Trade and getting conflicting info from the Branch and then from the CFRC.  It seems to be a problem with the CFRCs.  Are you currently in the Reserves or on the SUPP List?

I'm on the Supp. Res. List. I thought it would be a good idea to have that tie just in case of a situation like this, should probably make it easier to get in overall.

My application is in, and they scratched 111 off of my application. I'm waiting for them to verify my previous service and then call me for an interview.

I'm not looking for part time employment(Res) I want a full time job, and even though I know the Int trade is begging for people, they aren't willing to even look at me. It's frustrating, I've had way too many bloody roadblocks set in my way when I KNOW according to policy and regs that I'm right. I hate the fact that some people don't want to even investigate to see if there's something to what I'm saying.

Just wondering how long the Int Op course is. Can't find it anywhere on the forces recruiting website.

It's also under the INT Officer section on the recruiting site.

Phase III: Basic Intelligence Officer Course

Basic Intelligence Officer Course (BIOC), conducted at the CF School of Military Intelligence (CFSMI) in Kingston, Ontario, lasts approximately six months and includes intelligence skills and theory, strategic analysis, threat assessment and intelligence support. Emphasis is placed on leadership, administration, writing, oral briefing, and theory and application of intelligence operations. You will learn to supervise and lead an intelligence section in tactical operations. INT Officers reach the operationally functional point upon completion of BIOC which leads to Basic Officer Qualification (BOQ).

holmessean said:
Just wondering how long the Int Op course is. Can't find it anywhere on the forces recruiting website.

That's because it's a secret. If we told you we'd have to kill you! ;)

2 Cdo said:
That's because it's a secret. If we told you we'd have to kill you! ;)

Oh man see I was about to tell you every detail about it till 2 Cdo said that.  Sorry.  :-[
;)

Back