• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Insider info/Current applicants for NWT

VanIslandNWThopefull

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all!  This is my first post and I am grateful for these forums as I have researched and answered many of my questions regarding the recruiting process.  I do however have a few questions for those willing to take the time to help educate me further.  I have applied and tested/ interviewed for  NWT and like many am currently awaiting "the call".  I was told by my recruiting officer that there were 23 positions available.  I noticed tonight however that the CF no longer lists NWT as an "in demand" trade.  My question to those who have gone through this or may be recruiters themselves, is, does that mean the postions have been filled? or simply that there are enough applicants to deem the "in demand" unnecessary?  I might also ask for responses from anyone currently applying or accepted to BMQ for NWT to hear any personal stories regarding their recent process.  I appreciate your time and look forward to any feedback.

VanIslandNWThopefull said:
I was told by my recruiting officer that there were 23 positions available.  I noticed tonight however that the CF no longer lists NWT as an "in demand" trade.  My question to those who have gone through this or may be recruiters themselves, is, does that mean the postions have been filled? or simply that there are enough applicants to deem the "in demand" unnecessary?

What it means is that someone removed the little red star from NWT on the recruiting site.

Why don't you call a recruiting centre and find out why the little red star isn't there anymore?  They're the ones that did it, this is an unofficial site.  I'm sure they'll tell you, there isn't a secret embargo on information coming from the recruiting people.

I was wondering the same thing when I went onto the CF website, as this is currently my preferred occupation

Here is some information I managed to pull together

As of today, I received two responses from two different sources

1. Online: The occupation Weapons Engineering Technician is currently Open
I was sent a document containing all the "Priority Occupations" as of April 1 2011
Incase you aren't familiar with this terminology. This is simply an occupation that must be filled ASAP
WET is one of the eight priority occupations listed

2. CFRC: Barrie: The occupation Weapons Engineering Technician is currently Open
This is a step forward from last week when it was only at the "Accepting Applications" phase
I was unable to receive a Number of WET's to be hired for the fiscal year

Keep in mind the area that your application is being processed in. My answer does not necessarily mean the correct answer

Hope this helps

For what it's worth, I was informed while speaking with a recruiter at CFRC Toronto on Monday that the Forces.ca website is maintained by a private company and does not represent the latest information available to the CFRC's in any "real-time" way.  His best advice...talk to a recruiter, don't bother with the website.  By the time it's been updated, things at the CFRC will likely have changed.

Back