• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Inquiry - CF gear - circa early 1990's UNPROFOR

One more time: In 4CMBG at the time we went to Yugo in March of 02, we wore standard OD combat uniform.  In 4CER at least, those goofy tuck in shirts were verboten.  The problem is that we deployed as two separate units, CANBAT was the Van Doo's, CANENGBAT was 4 CER, each with it's own dress standards.  Being in CFE, we already had red/white Canadian flags on the left shoulder, rank sewn onto both sleeves.  Brassard right arm with the UN patch and rank sewn on, as we had no notice to get all our uniforms in to the tailor shop.  Helmet as I already described, 82 patern webbing, with small pack and respirator attached to the waist belt, over top of the flak vest. Desert or jungle boots.  Some guys would take the yoke straps and put them under the shoulder pads on the vest, to make it more of a one piece rig.

While i'm thinking of it - was steel helmets still for Roto 0 wasn't it?

MM

That's what I said, mine had strawberries planted in it last summer.

I was in C 6/502d Inf (Berlin Brigade), deployed in Operation "Able Sentry" to Skopje FYROM in June 93.

We were issued a UN Blue Beret, Ball Cap and our PASGT K-Pots were painted UN blue for the mission.  We wore the beret most of the time.

We also were issued some sort of blue cotton pleated ascot that I never could figure out.  Did you Canucks get those, too?

Back