• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Sergeant Saves The Life of a Cavalry Officer

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
Infantry Sergeant Saves The Life of a Cavalry Officer During Horse-Back Riding Mishap, May 19, 2007

An Armour Corps Captain narrowly escaped serious injury recently when  he decided to try horseback riding, even though he had no lessons or prior experience. He mounted the horse, and the horse immediately sprang into action. As it galloped along at a steady and rhythmic pace, the Captain began to slip from the saddle. He grabbed for the horse's mane, but could not get a firm grip. He tried to throw his arms around the horse's neck, but he began to slide down the side of the horse anyway!The horse galloped along, seemingly impervious to its slipping rider.Finally, losing his frail grip, the Captain attempted to leap away from the horse and throw himself to safety. Unfortunately, his foot became entangled in the stirrup, and he was now at the mercy of the horse as his head struck against the ground over and over and over.

As his head was being battered against the ground and he was mere moments away from unconsciousness, to his great fortune, a Sergeant from an Infantry Battalion, who was shopping at Wal-Mart, saw him and quickly unplugged the horse.

Horse at a WAL-MART parking lot? Oh dear... Don't tell the wife that...she got stock bonds there.    ;)

:eek: maybe, scratching head. I'm not listening to enough tv to be sure...

:rofl:

Now that was TFF!  I know a few of my former Tp Ldr's I will be sending that one too... ;D

I figured the Inf Sgt was just going to cold cock the horse with a punch to the head and then I read the last line. The Infantry marches to rescue the Cavalry again.  ;D

Back