• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry re-opening?

OlivierColas

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi!,

Im wondering if anyone would know if Infantry for Regular Force NCM would re-open in within the next 2 years?

Thanks!

- mod edit for thread title spelling -

It may or may not. your best bet is to apply anyway. I believe that there are still two selection dates this year, but don't quote me on that, and they probably have more than enough applicants to choose from. It still doesn't hurt to try though.

Good luck

I called the recruiting centre and to join it's competitive recruiting, so at CFRC Montreal you need to have finished your Cegep (i think it's the equivalent of 1 year of college completed) and have worked full time for 5 years at the same company, the fitness and volunteer part I find is just normal stuff to join government agencies but the simple fact that you need 5 years of work at the same place makes it kinda really hard. (especially for those like me who have not been on the work market for less than 5years).

So yeah all regiments are open for very few spots, and it's gonna older recruits cause just looking at what you need to apply, recruits have to be something like 24-25 years old.

I kinda answered my own question there!  :moose: But i hope it can help someone with the same question!

I would say thats not the case;  CFRCs don't set their own standards, criteria, etc for applicants. 

Eye In The Sky said:
I would say thats not the case;  CFRCs don't set their own standards, criteria, etc for applicants.

Probably what they mean is that you need to be super qualified and reliable to apply as there are very limited places. They know someone just out of high school won't get picked up. I agree though, they shouldn't be holding their own standards/informal merit boards.

Perhaps something was just lost in the communication. I imagine the recruiter was just saying that unless you have 5 consecutive years of post-secondary school/work experience, you won't be competitive enough. Working at the same company makes no sense... what if someone got a more impressive job?

I know that LFWA TC will be running a DP1 Infantry REG Force course in the summer fall and in January of 2013. Good luck if your going P.P.C.L.I. Then again the schedule could have changed for the 100th time since I left!!!

It would seem CFRC Montreal is just being rather strict in applying the Priorty Processing Rating system.  Basically is its a prescreening tool used by the recruiters to determine which files should be processed quickly.  It takes into account work history, education, volunteer experience and physical activity.  Getting a certain level in each category is worth x number of points, add up the points and you get a PPR score.  Highest is 5, most people are 3 or 4.  It is entirely within the scope of the CO of the CFRC to say, we will only process people for X trade if they have a PPR of 4 or 5.

Also 5 year work history (not necessarily with the same employer) is needed for the background checks.

Well I really made sure and asked the recruiter several times, and if you dont meet these criteria they do not let you apply, but at the same time I always get a different answer to my questions when I call/visit CFRC Montreal! :-\

OlivierColas said:
Well I really made sure and asked the recruiter several times, and if you dont meet these criteria they do not let you apply, but at the same time I always get a different answer to my questions when I call/visit CFRC Montreal! :-\

Probably because when they add up your score your PPR is too low for what they are looking for right now. 

CFRC Montreal told me the same. Infantry has 5 times more applicants than available positions. I was told that if you don't have "CEGEP and 5 years" you will not be selected for Infantry. I've been waiting for over a year and I did basic a while ago but never completed my DP1. This apparently does not matter even though IMO it saves taxes dollars taking me over someone who needs to go through BMQ.  ;D  They told me it would most likely be another years wait, I decided to reach out to friends in high places.

Yes I know that going outside the CoC is frowned upon.

Hatchet Man said:
Also 5 year work history (not necessarily with the same employer) is needed for the background checks.

Does that mean that if I have been self employed for the last 3 years it will be impossible to get in because there is no employer to contact for a background check?

Vlad621 said:
Does that mean that if I have been self employed for the last 3 years it will be impossible to get in because there is no employer to contact for a background check?

No, that's not what it means.

I think people are going to take this "5 years work experience" thing out of context. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that if one goes to school for a few years, does well, and gets a good job for ~2 years that's going to impress more than flipping burgers for 5 years. As for the PPR thing, I'm by no means an authority on this, but I'm quite sure there's more to it than just work experience (if I remember from my process it was based on all the work experience, leadership, volunteer, education, and sports). Just build yourself up into the best candidate possible and don't get carried away with a simple statement.

Back