• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Indian or Chinese Regiment

WEAPON said:
Indian or Chiness? are you INSANE?????????????????????????????????????????????

There is no way I would serve in a Chinesse or Indian Regiment. This topic should be locked and Deleted.   :skull:
We have Irish and Scotish regiments, because they are part of the UK, and as you know the Queen rules over Scotland, and N Ireland. So unless Tony Blair takes over China or Inida, we will not have Indian or Chinesse regiments............

GOD I wish ppl would think before posting crap up. :rage:

Fortunately based on what we've seen here I doubt you'll ever get the chance, not that they'd want you.

WEAPON said:
GOD I wish ppl would think before posting crap up. :rage:

Perhaps you would care to demonstate, since your personal brand of invective certainly fails to set an example of good forum conduct or worthy contribution to the threads being discussed.

You might wish to consider that the raison d'être of the regimental system â “ which an overwhelming majority of Canadian Army officers and senior NCOs still cherish and believe must be retained â “ was to exploit the ethnic, linguistic and regional differences and tensions which existed â “ especially amongst the Scots and the English in the 18th century and amongst all of the Indians.

The need for distinct, ethnically defined regiments in the Indian Army (both British Indian Army and the East India Company's army) was obvious â “ many groups of Indians hated one another worse than any outsiders.   Even British regiments, like the Cameronian guard (formed in about 1700) (later the Cameronians (Scottish Rifles)) were created to avoid murderous religious disputes in the ranks â “ as between the covenanters and the hated C&E and Roman folks.

It is highly unlikely, given the French fact that we Canadian have any practical alternative to some form of the regimental system â “ the Australian model is, probably, not for us.

While I, personally and generally, oppose Canadian regiments which are formed on any ethnic base other than (official) language I wonder about allowing (a) (some) regiment(s) to adopt some aboriginal customs and traditions, for example.   The Kiwis have gone some way towards making Maori customs part of the Army's and Navy's customs.

Suppose that in an area where many, many minority groups live members of one such group joined one local militia regiment in great number.   Would in be somehow offensive if that group added some 'spice' to our customs and traditions â “ maybe with some 'new' dining in night customs or a different regimental band?

Couldn't agree with you more ROJ. 

You know a Canadian Arab Legion would look pretty smart in a Green and White head cloth.  I wonder what the Regimental Quick  March would be?

Cheers. 

Come away the Cameronians!

I dont want to get sucked into this but ......

WEAPON

STFU  :rage: and think before you speak. Go back to school, if you get the chance take world history.

Please dont grace us with your ignorance again.  :threat:

PARAMEDIC said:
I dont want to get sucked into this but ......

WEAPON

STFU  :rage: and think before you speak. Go back to school, if you get the chance take world history.

Please dont grace us with your ignorance again.  :threat:

WEAPON (aka WAFFEN_SS) has been banned.

Hey we have enough trouble with Multi Cult on Civie street with out bringing it into the Military. :mad:

Back