• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I'm impressed

Scratch_043

Reaction score
I started my application process back on April 1st, finished all my testing save for my Fitness test, and when it came time for my fitness test, I got injured at work a week prior. No biggie, I attempted it anyway, and failed. So I re-schedule for 2 weeks later, thinking that I will be better by then. Turns out, that I injured my back more seriously than I origionally thought, and decided to hold off.

Fast track to today, Aug 8th, I get a call from the recruitng centre in Kitchener, they want to know if I am still interested, and want to complete my testing. I tell the fellow that I am talking to my situation, that I have just recently recovered fully, and that I will have to take some more time before I can continue (because I need to start training again), so he tells me that is fine, as long as I redo my medical as well, just to ensure that I won't re-injure through my job as a soldirer (weptech actually).

This shows me that they are genuinly interested in me as an employee, and solidifies my decision to continue in the CF.

I thought I would share my positive experience here, because I frequently see negative experiences and attitudes regarding the CFRC, and want to make sure that potential recruits know that this is not a shared occurance between all aplicants, but that in the majority, the only stories that people post up here, are the negative ones, because those are the ones that they need help with.

Thanks for listening, I know it was kind of long winded.
Nic

(hehe, what do you know, my first post in a long time is also my 700th)

To add, I've had only good experiences at CFRC Toronto and have no complaints so far with the recruiting system...  :salute:

As have I..... My RO was very knowledgeable and a great help. Only good things to say so far of the CFRC and their employees. Although I get upset about how long the wait may be, I understand that things of this nature take time. Thanks to the CFRC and its employees!!! I salute you. :salute:

:cdn:

No complaints at CFRC Windsor, they all treated me good. Can't wait to get sworn in on the 17th :salute:

Good on you Torn for starting this post. I have nothing but good things to say about RC and it's employee's that I dealt with in Halifax. A Captain Hern interviewed me and she was a perfect example of professionalism of the CF. They were all, informative, helpful and without hesitation, willingly answered any question I asked them, as I am sure they are inundated with everyday. Yes we all complain about the wait, but it is out of their control and we have to except it is the nature of the process. Kincanucks is an excellent example of how helpful he has been with his vault of valuable information.

I also salute the men and women of the CFRC.  :salute:

I am also dealing with CFRC Halifax and have not had any major issues, other than them returing phone calls promptly. As it turned out, the WO I was dealing with was on leave for a few days, hence the "lack" of communication....no biggie in my opinion.

I have had great experiences with the CFRC Kitchener.  They have put up with endless questions and have had very informative answers.

I too am dealing with CFRC Halifax.  They have been great the whole time (and it has been a while).  My first interview was a few days after Juan, the city was a mess, and most people still didn't have power â “ including most of the recruiting staff.  Yet, there they were, continuing on in the same professional manner.  You have to respect that.  They have also always been well informed, helpful and polite whenever I have called, even if they were just telling me the same thing they told me the last 3 times I called. 

Back