• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I'm a Canadian... hey

As someone who plays hockey (or field hockey) lets keep the female stuff to a minimum. Its a tough, non stop game played by men in hot countries...Do you wanna fight?

Oh, and don't forget that Lacrosse (the stuff played outside, not the box version played like floor hockey with lacrosse sticks...) was our national sport long before hockey was, and is also far superior. You can't beat a good yard sale, eh! (if there's any field lacrosse players around you should get that, unless it was just a term we used on my team in Saskatchewan)

karl28 said:
 Funny how those crazy wonderfull Americans even manage to mix up our accent its   actually pronounced eh not hey  but  as for when to say eh it will just come naturally.

We must send him to the Rock. That will fix him right up.

ah yes, I forgot the southern hempshire plays it as well.....I retract......

Still I am not sure if you seem too many of these donnybrooks on the grass  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-25s4uwFQ 

Take a look at this it is pure Canadiana....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZWxErEbQkY

Down here we just hit each other with sticks. As my ribs can attest, a hockey stick (field hockey for you Canucks) breaks ribs easily and happily. Field hockey is a genuinly good game and is quite tough. None of that weak bastard armour you guys wear either, just t-shirt and shorts. Bring it on MoFo's!

"do you want to fight"..."bring it on Mo Fo's"

Hale my man, don't take if personally....it's just taking the p*ss.

haha, i take my hockey very seriously...ok, thats not at all true. I'm just wanting to fight someone and picking with someone a few thousand km's away seems like a good idea right now! I'm only joshing around.

Yeah, I know that.........

I still take the p*ss from via email with some footie players who I played with in another life.....

TN2IC said:
We must send him to the Rock. That will fix him right up.

Speak really fast,cut words(IE like the welsh)drop all T's in your languageand replace with dis and dat.

"ow's she gettin awn der bye,dis da bus to get where i'se goin?"

I actually got told to slow down my speech in class today,as no one understood what the heck I was getting on with.Everyone here says I talk real fast however when I got home they make fun of how I pronounce words now and speak slowly.

And no not everyone on the east coast uses EH.I mostly heard it in Ontario actually.Not in Newfoundland at all,or New Brunswick....

Speaking of which theres a language to learn.You'll get on the bus for sure.

"ahhhh...yes I to go sitting a cote de la bon homme for to talking dan's the bus."

They'll let you on. ;)

Baldricks-Bullet

Hey man  trust me you cant go wrong with cheering for the Montreal Canadians  they have more Stanly cups than any other team and they where the last Canadian team to win cup an there doing better than the leafs in the standings right now .   Just got to NHL.com and check out over all leagues standings   Trust me go for the HABS   cheers man

TN2IC 

Hey I know what you mean by sending them to the rock  half my family is from there  man oh man the accents  LOL

EX_RCAC_011 said:

"ahhhh...yes I to go sitting a cote de la bon homme for to talking dan's the bus."

They'll let you on. ;)

Oh man, I miss that Acadian French! The best is the people that speak English with a French accent, but not French at all, and the reverse...the speakers of French with an English accent, but not English at all!

EX_RCAC_011 said:
Speak really fast,cut words(IE like the welsh)drop all T's in your languageand replace with dis and dat.

"ow's she gettin awn der bye,dis da bus to get where i'se goin?"

I actually got told to slow down my speech in class today,as no one understood what the heck I was getting on with.Everyone here says I talk real fast however when I got home they make fun of how I pronounce words now and speak slowly.

And no not everyone on the east coast uses EH.I mostly heard it in Ontario actually.Not in Newfoundland at all,or New Brunswick....

They'll let you on. ;)

Ahhh, good ol' NB Frenglish!!! Ou Franglais...depending on your first language.

The two being different because one is English with french words or phrases intergected at the most odd times. The other is Francais avec les mots d'anglais pour la accentuation of excitement!

;D

Shamrock said:
Tips to becoming Canadian:

1.  Use eh at the end of just about every sentence.  Once in a while, throw in a "there eh." 

2.  Words with an "ou" sound become "oo" -- noo doot aboot it eh.

3.  Apologize for everything.

3.  Team Canada hockey jersey.

4.  Roots ballcap.

5.  Tim Horton's travel mug.

6.  Learn how to say 'Saskatchewan.'  Say it often.  Tell people you're from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.  Tell them it's kitty-cornered to Nunavut.

Practice the above until perfection.  Once you've mastered them, you'll get on the bus no problem.  Not because the driver will think you're Canadian, but you'll be so hyper-Canadian he'll just assume you're an American faking it there eh.

I fail on all accounts - but I've got a card to prove what I am.

I say eh once and awhile. Not after every sentence surely but it's definatly an imporant part of my Vocabulary, and I am from Winnipeg. Land of Ice and Snow.

I normally don't use eh excessively... unless I'm explaining something... or ranting.... or drunk  :blotto: .

Of course you could just go onto the bus while singing Barrets Privateer's while drinking an Alexander Keith's, Then no one can say your not a true Canadian well east coaster anyways.  :cheers:

nowhere_man said:
Of course you could just go onto the bus while singing Barrets Privateer's while drinking an Alexander Keith's, Then no one can say your not a true Canadian well east coaster anyways.  :cheers:

"Oh the year was 1778, how I wish I was in Sherbrook nooooow"

I think he'd also have to learn....SOCIABLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! to really get away with the ruse.

Oh the year was seventeen seventy eight
How wish I was in Sherbrooke now!
A letter of marque came from the King
To the scummiest vessel I've ever seen

(Chorus)
    God Damn them all! I was told
    We'd cruise the seas for American gold
    We'd fire no guns, shed no tears
    Now I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier
    The last of Barrett's privateers.

Oh Elcid Barrett cried the town,
How wish I was in Sherbrooke now!
For twenty brave men, all fishermen, who
Would make for him the Antelope's crew,

chorus

The Antelope sloop was a sickening sight.
She'd a list to port and her sails in rags,
And a cook in the scuppers with staggers and jags.

On the King's birthday we put to sea.
We were ninety-one days to Montego bay,
Pumping like madmen all the way.

On the ninety-sixth day we sailed again.
When a bloody great Yankee hove in sight
With our cracked four-pounders we made to fight.

The Yankee lay low down with gold.
She was broad and fat and loose in stays,
But to catch her took the Antelope two whole days.

At length we lay two cables away.
Our cracked four-pounders made an awful din,
But with one fat ball the Yank stove us in.

The Antelope shook and pitched on her side.
Barrett was smashed like a bowl of eggs,
And the maintruck carried off both me legs.

So here I lay in my twenty-third year.
It's been six years since we sailed away,
And I just made Halifax yesterday.

I like the Irish Decendants version heard here: http://www.ledwell.ca/irishdescendants/music/BarretPrivateers.mp3 (excerpt only)

Back