• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I'm a Canadian... hey

warspite said:
Some more advice, use basic manners and politeness always, goes with being Canadian.
Unless someone other than a canadian starts making fun of Canadians in which case its time for a little "re-education" ;)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XDRGLfzZM
FAAN--tas-tic!!! video.  Still chuckling.
Just as good as RM Talking to Americans.
;D   ;D 
rofl.gif

Beauti, eh?

edited to further add that this thread is totally hi-larious and should be read by all Canucks
Niner and Vern, you two are totally insane! 
Gotta go, my ribs hurt..

niner domestic said:
Baldrick will appreciate this...when I first went to get my licence in the UK I was living in London. My driving test was was in and around Marble Arch during the morning rush hour.  After successfully getting into the Marble Arch roundabout, going around it 3 times and exiting it without being in an accident or causing an accident the examiner declared I was fit to drive anywhere in the world and gave me a pass as apparently the chances of negotiating the roundabout without a winging oneself is a mark of driving excellence...however, in the excitement of getting my licence, I managed to back into a jam car while trying to park to go celebrate with a well deserved lunch at the local pub...in the space of 10 minutes, there were 5 other jam cars and 2 blue street sedans in attendance and the Met's finest wanted to take my passport away, lock me up and endorse my new licence all over a 5 mm scratch on the jam car.  When the Inspector showed up, sanity returned and after discovering my canuckness, and seemingly having a number of relatives in Canada of which I promptly claimed to know all of them intimately (who cared if they lived in Toronto and I came from the Yukon - who was I to tell him that he actually was closer to them geographically than I ever was), he let me go home with passport and no licence endorsement. 

I learned to drive with the British School of Motoring just off Leicester Square not ten minutes walk from Marble Arch needless to say I took twenty hours and not once did we get as far as the Arch before having to turn back as time was running out. I quite rightly failed my first test (which was out in the sticks) but this was hardly surprising having only driven 2 miles before  :mad:

Oh and thanks for the video Warspite...

And for all the help... I didn't expect this would be such a detailed thread... I've only got to prove my Canadianship to a half drunk Belgique bus driver with broken english.... and the advice to not wear a lumberjack shirt and do wear a hockey shirt should surfice (although this may look odd over my suit.)

Another important observation:

I say "ant" not "aunt" !! That's a  'portant one 'round these parts eh!!

The Librarian said:
See now to get to my cottage from that gas station in Port Elgin you come out left, go over right, cross into other province, come over left, over bridge, next left and stop at end of lane. That was easy!!  It's about a 10 mile trip from the station, but over this way!! ;D

So, you should have known "come up." It's pretty simple. She's pridnear a Murray Corner person if you're coming up 5 miles.

I think if I am correct, it was Murray Corner....gas station, trinket shop, restaruant...Her mom ran the restuarant and lived in the back part of the house/front was the store. Never paid much attention to the names....

GAP said:
I think if I am correct, it was Murray Corner....gas station, trinket shop, restaruant...Her mom ran the restuarant and lived in the back part of the house/front was the store. Never paid much attention to the names....
Dude!! See how excellent we women are with directions!! Apparently we know which side is up!! And yes, it's a petro-can there with trinket shop and all!!  ;)

Have you figured out where my cottage is yet?  >:D

The Librarian said:
Dude!! See how excellent we women are with directions!! Apparently we know which side is up!! And yes, it's a petro-can there with trinket shop and all!!  ;)

Have you figured out where my cottage is yet?  >:D

The only houses I remember were the homesteads down the road north towards the gulf and the there was a house east of the corner set back quite a ways from the highway.

GAP said:
The only houses I remember were the homesteads down the road north towards the gulf and the there was a house east of the corner set back quite a ways from the highway.

Well coming out of the gas station (IE...Look towards the road from the station) go over left, go right...

You should have found yourself in Tidnish Bridge Nova Scotia enjoying a nice cold brewskie (which I would have provided) on the beach!!

Strange how things come around full circle.....well, there's still lots of Joyce's out there.

Thanks for all the help... I'll let you know how I get on... I've just put in my attendance proforma... next stop... bus stop  (or taxi rank)

You aren't going to the bus stop....

You are "heading on up to the bus" or, quite possibly, "snagging a cab."

You STILL need work!!  ;D

Back