• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Idiotic responses to the idiot who shot 2 Mounties

Status
Not open for further replies.
DustyFoot; Please fill in your profile so all here can see where you are coming from.  If you have no military or police backround feel free to use the notes section.  Please think more before engaging brain on topics that you do not seem to have an operation grasp of.

All,

Dustyfoot will not be posting in this thread again. I told him some posts back not to. He chose to disobey Directing Staff. I don't care if he has 30 years experience in ERT/SWAT. If he posts again in this thread, I will bump his Administrative Actions up to the next level.

The idea of saving police officers lives is a noble one however there hasn't been one logical idea presented in this thread as to how we could have saved these officers lives.

I don't think any one of us here is qualified to say what change in policy could have saved these officers lives as we have not seen the crime scene reports or exactly how the incident happened. I say let this idiot stab himself in the foot by sending letters that can only help detectives, let this dangerous crimincal be caught without any more police or civilian casualites and then allow the people's who's job it is to make the policy, procedure, and training of the RCMP figure out what went wrong (if anything did, as this outcome can happen even if everything is done right) and how they can save their brothers and sisters in the future.

Godspeed to the police finding this guy, and remember all of the issues such as "his state of mind" will come out during the trial. Thats what our justice system is for. Lets just hope for a quick and peaceful apprehension of the suspect.

Re: Idiot who shot 2 Mounties writes to Edmonton Sun
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:08:49 » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is indeed a tragedy, but sometimes I wonder if the media is really telling the whole story.
"This is being sensationalized. This isn't news, this is entertainment. Fear-mongering.
I mean, everyone's initial reaction is "KILL THE *******" rather than "why did this guy do this?"
I'm of course assuming he's lucid and rational, which is a safe bet because most people are.

crap happens. What counts is what's done afterwards.
Now I'm done preaching, hopefully the guy turns himself in before some crazy vigilante decides he's going to play
hero and begin shooting anyone who resembles the guy.
Which judging by the level of aggression for someone noone here has met is quite high.
I've not met the guy, but I'd much rather have the whole story before I decide I'm going to pelt the guy with fruit at any possible court appearances.
heh

This is the same stuff you hear all the time. Oh lets find out if he was happy or sad. How fricken hard is it for you to understand he shot at 2 cops which now died. Its that easy. Nothing else to say. The guy is a tool and should(if he has not already)put that rifle into his mouth and pull the trigger himself!!!

PIKER said:
Header should now read "2 idiots  :blotto: respond to Mounties shot thread"...

Good point, done.  We don't want people thinking this is a valuable discussion on the topic....

I was just about to go through and purge the stupid stuff, but this works, too.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2006/07/18/1691143.html

Idiot turns himself in

Part of the editorial in the Edmonton Sun today:

There is no single solution. But there is one thing that Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his government should seriously consider. In order to send the strongest possible message that Canada has absolutely no sympathy for those would defy the law to a degree that it ends up with a police or RCMP officer losing his or her life in the course of their daily duties, Canada should bring back the death penalty for cop killers.
It's too glib to say that police officers know the risks associated with their jobs. The average Canadian has no idea what those risks really entail - we don't have to go to a stranger's home on a call wondering if they've got an unregistered, unlicensed gun inside that can cause havoc; we don't have to engage in high-speed chases while bullets fly; we don't have to go to work every day thinking it might be our last.

Cops put their lives on the line for Canadians.

sirukin said:
I'm surprised that merely questioning anything would lead to such beratement.

I'm surprised you haven't realized the importance of the principle of "timing".  Many here are or have close friends who are LEO's.  It is a community that shares duty on "the wall" with the military.  So spare us the drama if you get offended when people aren't eager to discuss your theory of how society is responsible for a cop killer pulling the trigger.

sirukin said:
Well it's a good thing he's in custody.
But why have I been placed on verbal warning?
I'll read over the conduct guidelines, I haven't gone over them as of yet.
However, I'd like to know why.

I thought one was supposed to read the Guidelines before posting here...

Get cracking.

He turned himself in, I am diappointed the K9 didn't get a good piece of his a**.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/07/18/rcmp-regina.html

sirukin said:

Another reason for being where you are. You haven't read the guidelines, and you didn't read the message that came with your warning. The one that said you got it for trolling, contrary to the guidelines.

And no sense debating it here. Your instructions for redresss are also there for the reading.

More reading, less talking. More reading, less talking. More reading, less talking. More reading, less talking.

sirukin said:

READ THE GUIDELINES

You agreed to them before entering the site.      ::)

Regards

sirukin said:

Where to begin?

Ah yes, at the beginning.

Let's review:

sirukin said:
This is indeed a tragedy, but sometimes I wonder if the media is really telling the whole story.
This is being sensationalized. This isn't news, this is entertainment. Fear-mongering.
I mean, everyone's initial reaction is "KILL THE *******" rather than "why did this guy do this?"
I'm of course assuming he's lucid and rational, which is a safe bet because most people are.

crap happens. What counts is what's done afterwards.

Yes, lucid rational people often shoot at police officers and then run away.

sirukin said:
I'm not condoning this
I'm simply saying the blame lays as much on the circumstances as on the criminal himself.

But, after all, maybe it's not really his fault.

sirukin said:
sorry, I was just thinking that perhaps that the rcmp should have learned something from the monroe incident in northern alberta.
I really don't have all the facts. I drop my case. Let's find the guy and remove his testicles and skull frig his rotting corpse.

Perhaps there's a way to lay this at the feet of the RCMP, after all it's not their first time.

sirukin said:
I don't know.
I certainly think that incidents like these are appearing in the news far more often than they should.
perhaps the influx of new(er) rcmp members is giving the force a larger predominence to have a more gung-ho attitude than in last decade or so.

Maybe they just have too many young and dumb Mounties, they have been expanding the force, so that must be a logical conclusion, right?

sirukin said:
I think the point is that perhap the rules aught to be changed.
I mean, two high profile incidents is a pretty good indication that perhaps fighting crime aught to be less dying and more fighting crime.
I'm sorry if that is crude, but personally I like my cops alive and well thank you very much.

Okay, I'm not saying this guy is justified in anything. Can I make it any more clear?

Maybe with different rules, nor that I can provide any, this wouldn'tr have heppened. After all, I already said it might have be possible to blame the Mounties.

sirukin said:
I really don't know, these events could have led anywhere.
I would really just like to see that the rcmp has a more firmer grasp on these kinds of situations.

Those cops just need to get a grip.

You did, however, get one thing right in this thread.

sirukin said:
fine.
and I'm the troll.

Any other questions?

DustyFoot said:
I think it's pretty standard for cops to try to shoot out someone's tires during a chase. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with doing that. Just saying that when you shoot at someone who has a gun they are probably going to shoot back....

Easily available RCMP policy states that you will NOT shoot out the tires on a vehicle. If you are using your firearm you are "stopping the threat"- i.e. kicking in the guys life insurance. Alwyas shooting at the subject.

Michael O'Leary said:
You continue to make inferences without basis in fact.  That is called trolling.  Do you have anything substantial to add to this thread?

I'm just wondering what "kneel down and face the ditch" was supposed to add to the thread.

In any event, the underlying question was - could the guy's story have any veracity (ie did the RCMP start shooting unprovoked). On the face of it, we would all like to believe it is impossible.  I think it is possible but extremely unlikely, as in 99.99% unlikely. But so far we have one fellow in the thread "straying out of his line" and being told to shut up by a bunch of other fellows equally out of their lane.

Unless, of course, any of y'all were actually at the incident in question.

As for this:

FBIFM to argue with Michael O'Leary, but on the face of it, it's true. Unless "kneel down and face the ditch" isn't actually a call for a summary execution (which is about as moronic as anything else in this thread IMO). 

Sirukin & Dustyboots...

Unless you were there, you don't know what happened.
Do us all a favour and save your desire to be heard for the Globe & Mail's "Leave a comment" section. I'm sure they will appreciate your intellect and contributions.

Michael Dorosh said:
FBIFM to argue with Michael O'Leary, but on the face of it, it's true. Unless "kneel down and face the ditch" isn't actually a call for a summary execution (which is about as moronic as anything else in this thread IMO). 

So, you equate one off-hand comment (which I would doubt any rational person would take as an actual "call for summary execution") with sirukin's persistent attempt to say that perhaps the police officers and the RCMP were at fault for their own deaths?  Notably, no-one found the "kneel" comment offensive enough to challenge (even you), nor was it defended in such a randomly vague manner as sirukin's "theories."

Regardless, this thread has outlived its usefulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back