• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ideal Fitness Training?

http://labrada.com/ good site, look for the( lean body challenge).You don't need a trainer just do some reading educate yourself.I agree with the chin up bar and running 2 great pieces of kit. ;)

Delta said:
bodybuilders have difficulties doing chin-ups/pull-ups because of they rather heavy body mass (remember, those muscles weighs more than fat)

I personally think a bodybuilder makes a good soldier for the following reasons:
1. Can't move quickly due to massive body
2. They usually eat 5 - 6 meals  a day, I doubt with limited rations they can still maintain their strength

The more refined GO!!! would like to take this opportunity to state that he believes that your observation has no basis in fact, truth, or experience, and that perhaps the member should consider a self - imposed "radio silence" on this matter.

:)

Delta said:
bodybuilders have difficulties doing chin-ups/pull-ups because of they rather heavy body mass (remember, those muscles weighs more than fat)

Wrong.

Chinups are easier for those who have a high strength/size ratio. That can include bodybuilders, or it can include shrimps like myself.

Remember, that extra muscle weight isn't a hindrance. Those very muscles are being utilized to perform the very movement at hand. They key is to lower the unwanted weight: the bodyfat.

Whatever happened to the good ol' days of working out at the gym every day, running and swimming throughout the week while incorporating some calisthenics and plyometrics? Oh and not being a lazy slug.

I'm so tired of hearing people complain and wonder how to not be fat and how to be in shape when they don't do anything about it and never have. All it takes is the tiniest amount of will power. To not go out and learn and read and actually try different workouts before simply trying to get the quick easy guide to success by posting on a forum also shows a great lack of drive which we don't need any more of in the CF.

Here's a quick story for y'all

I was 16, decided i had to serve my country for a little bit to pay my debt to the servicemen who fought and died for my freedom.

I could do 5 (insert explenative) pushups. I couldn't run... AT ALL. I could hardly do situps. I couldn't lift my own body weight to do a proper chinup or pullup. I was 6'1" and 220 lbs of crap.

I made myself do pushups every night before bed, and situps every morning. I got the Participaction guide from the recruiting center and started doing walking/running intervals until I could finally run 2 kilometers in 20 minutes. 20 MINUTES!!! THAT'S PATHETIC!!! Yet it was still a great accomplishment for myself to just run for 20 minutes straight.

But I kept pushing, persevering, got in the gym (and by the way, total body weight training allows you to burn more fat and be stronger both aerobically and anaerobically in all activities you do), kept running, kept doing the calisthenics and situps, started doing swimming, and I joined the army at 191 lbs of lean, good, healthy muscle and went on to be Most Physically Fit in my battleschool course. And after that, I became even fitter by adopting new training methods and setting new goals for myself (42 km marathon in 3:48 which is awesome for never doing it before and also not running farther than 8km during training for it).

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and going to the cupboard to get the oreos when you need comforting. Anyone can do it unless they're physically handi-capped and even some of those people don't let that stop them and show more heart than most ever will.

I am new to the site and have searched all over to find what I am looking for..I can't find it so I hope it is ok to post here...seeing as it is advice I am looking for and my ex is overseas so I can't ask him at the moment....I wanna join regular force....army postal clerk...but to get through basic training for my age I have to do 15 sit ups...that is not alot and I would have no problem...but the problem is after having my son years ago it did something to the small of my back...so if I do sit up's on the ground I can feel something in the small of my back kinda "pop" and then it paralyzes me for a moment...to the point where I have to slowly roll onto my stomach and get up that way...is there an exercise I could do to make my back stronger so I won't have a problem during basic training?? I wanna do it...and I wanna do good...I don't wanna wimp out...has anyone had this problem and overcome  it?

If you are feeling a "pop" in your back during sit-ups, and need to roll over to get up, stop doing sit-ups.

Before you continue, go seek advice from a medical professional.  It *may* be due to weaker lower back muscles, but it could be something far more serious, something which could be aggrivated by continuing without advice.

Your physician will be able to sort you out, and to help you get ready to join.  Good luck!

T

CanadianGurl said:
I am new to the site and have searched all over to find what I am looking for..I can't find it so I hope it is ok to post here...seeing as it is advice I am looking for and my ex is overseas so I can't ask him at the moment....I wanna join regular force....army postal clerk...but to get through basic training for my age I have to do 15 sit ups...that is not alot and I would have no problem...but the problem is after having my son years ago it did something to the small of my back...so if I do sit up's on the ground I can feel something in the small of my back kinda "pop" and then it paralyzes me for a moment...to the point where I have to slowly roll onto my stomach and get up that way...is there an exercise I could do to make my back stronger so I won't have a problem during basic training?? I wanna do it...and I wanna do good...I don't wanna wimp out...has anyone had this problem and overcome  it?

There are quite a few exercises that can strengthen your lower back, but to echo Torlyn, if you are getting a "pop" in your back that temporarily paralyzes you ( :eek:), you should IMMEDIATELY CEASE further training until you talk to an MD, I don't want to rag on you, but you should have done that the first time that happened.  It doesn't take much to completely screw up your back for the rest of you life.

Hatchet Man said:
There are quite a few exercises that can strengthen your lower back, but to echo Torlyn, if you are getting a "pop" in your back that temporarily paralyzes you ( :eek:), you should IMMEDIATELY CEASE further training until you talk to an MD, I don't want to rag on you, but you should have done that the first time that happened.   It doesn't take much to completely screw up your back for the rest of you life.

I have to concur...your back will make or break your life/lifestyle...they can give you some fancy limbs that work well but I have yet to see a new back or anyone return to full functioning after serious back injuries and/or surgeries...

HL

I posted the frist month training program for the CSOR test I have used, I will post month 3 and 4 next week.

Back