• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I want out of my contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

familyman

Inactive
Reaction score
I just got sworn in,and am having second thoughts,I always had them but it came to head when i got sworn in.My question is ,is it to late or is their something i can do.I just have a feeling it will be too hard on me and the fam,any advice is appreciated.only have a couple days.

You are just getting " cold feet".....suck it up and carry on !

OR

You signed, you made a commitment and took on obligations, straighten up and get it done

Sorry if its not what you wanted to hear, good luck

I will take the opposite track here.  Call them up, tell them it was all a terrible mistake.  Then, promise everyone you ever met in uniform that you will never darken the army's doorstep again.  Step out of line and make room for someone who will honour their commitments...

forest-gump said:
i know i know,i expected that,but is it possible?

oh for pete's sake, tomorow is thursday, call the recruiting center and ask them

You are the weakest link...goodbye !

NOTE : Where's kincanucks when we need him ?

forest-gump said:
I just got sworn in,and am having second thoughts,I always had them but it came to head when i got sworn in.My question is ,is it to late or is their something i can do.I just have a feeling it will be too hard on me and the fam,any advice is appreciated.only have a couple days.

How do you know its going to be too hard if you don't try it ?  My first year in i was full of regret and it had been what i wanted to do all my life.  I almost didnt re-sign after 3 years. 13 years later, i'm some glad i stayed.  Think about that !

forest-gump said:

Yeah it is.  You can leave at any time up until you graduate from Basic Training.  Its called a VR, stands for Voluntary Release. 

Basically means you were too scared or too weak to try and tough it out.

your right,i got freezing feet,and theirs nothing more that i want to do than honour my queen and country.im more than likely goin to do it but i need a good kick in the arse to keep me focused to many emotions,im also a big softy so take it easy will ya,lol...ty

forest-gump said:
your right,i got freezing feet,and theirs nothing more that i want to do than honour my queen and country.im more than likely goin to do it but i need a good kick in the arse to keep me focused to many emotions,im also a big softy so take it easy will ya,lol...ty

Consider your ass kicked  :threat:

hard on the family??

haha wish my family was like that in a way, hell my parents already have my bags packed, ready to put the for sale sign on the lawn and move down south! And i'm not even sworn in yet! hahaha

Wonder what my dad would do if I told him I have cold feet..... (anyone ever see Mike Tysons 28 second knock out? hehe)

Wish ya luck with whatever you decide!

forest-gump said:

Being in the military is not easy on ones family life, sometimes if your in a relationship it ends. Thats always a possibility but what you have to ask yourself is, if you do get your VR or do get out your contract, will you be able to look at yourself the same way? Will others be able to look at you the same way? Its ok to be nervous about going ahead with your new career choice but don't let it control you. Otherwise if you make the wrong choice that decision will be with you for the rest of your life.

Just remember this poignant saying, and you will do well.

It comes from a man who was paralyzed from polio, but still managed to become the 32nd president of the United States.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"
  Franklin D. Roosevelt

Good Luck.   ;)

You will not be alone in the "second thoughts section" at Basic Trg, if you don't try you will never know for sure.  Just think if Smokey Smith had...

forest-gump said:

I am not being harsh here, just telling it how it is....

The question is Lads, is this person for real or just looking for an audience or to start a flame war. If he is real, he has a brain   :-\ , and the power to make the call and speak to someone, but I would say give the ole ball bag a squeeze for some extra testosterone, be a man and give it a go.

There is nothing wrong with feeling apprehensive, its called human nature and a fear of the unknown.

Wes

forest-gump said:

A full 360 in half an hour. Seems like this is not the last time you are going to have second thoughts. Just remember what made you want to do it in the first place and once you've made your decision stand by it.

don't people think about life changing decisions anymore?  Suck it up and tough it out, you'll be the better man for it. Besides it's only a few years, it's will pass in a flash...

Don't do what some dumb-arsed Recurit did when I was in Boot Camp.... (long before "don't ask - Don't tell crap")

This moron Recruit decided he didn't want to continue after his first week so he comes up with this "brilliant Idea" to tell his Drill Instructor during "Quiet Time"  a "personal detail"

Well for you non-Marines, during Quiet Time you had one hour a day to catch up on your letter writing, studying, etc, anything but talking, and making noise... You could hear pins drop in the squad bay.  Well up trots the afore mentioned Recurit, he knocks on the hatch asking the DI for permission to speak.... first mistake.

The DI comes out.... the Recurit says, with all of us listening....  "Sir, this Recurit is GAY. Sir"  Second mistake.

Dead Silence.....

So Drill Instructor SSGT Prados drops trou and says "Great, my wifes away for the weekend.... PROVE IT" without cracking a smile...

more Dead Silence....

The Recurit speechless just stood there dumbfounded....

The rest of us, where a tad bit smarter, even after a week we new better to make a sound or laugh....

DI Prados was not at all pleased....

"Ok Recurit Coc##%&*@#, if mine isn't to your liking pick one....              SHORT ARMS INSPECTION!"

In an instant 120 Recurits stood tall on our footlockers, everyone of us hoping this would end without "Proof"

Happy Ending for us, he was not Gay or at least unwilling to prove his skills.  Relife shortly came back to our young lives.  But "Recruit Coc#$%^&*!" had a few more days of out right living hell to pay before being bounce out of the Corps.

So Don't do anything Stupid,  if you really don't want to do it, then make a few calls.  But if it's just "butterflies" rest assured we all had doubts we made the right desision.  Your not alone.  You will have to make a lot of tough desicions in your life, don't strat off by running away from your fears, step up and learn to overcome them.

i swear in yestarday dude,u dont know till u try! no pain no gain...work on ur weakness :salute:

Pappy that was the funniest thing I read today ;D As for Forrest Gump, suck it up, soldier on and honour your commitment! :threat:

On a sidenote: As slow as the recruiting process is (as I'm finding out now) one of the advantages of that is that you have lots of time to be sure whether it is what you want or not. Its not like you join the army impulsively or without lots of reflection. I second that its probably butterflies!

Just curious, what is your MOC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back