• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I Need Your Opinion Ref: negative feed back from family

Very good input from all, and thank you so much! I have decided to join a reserve unit, like most people said the reserve will give me a feel for the military. Im going to join a Infantry unit, my question is when is the best time to apply. I know I can get trained during the summer or go a weekend training route. As I will be in grade 12, I am considering that the weekend BMQ and SQ would not be good as I will have assignments anf "homework", so the summer coarse would probably be the best. As for the summer coarse, I am assuming that the earlier I submit my application the better chances I have of getting excepted. I figure just before Christmas I will submit my application as it will give me ample time to get in shape. Anybody have any input conserning when I should apply and if I should take a weekend or summer coarse?

"coarse"?  Actually we call them courses as they aren't too rough.

The best time to apply for the reserves is in the fall that way you should be processed in plenty of time before summer training.  If you wait until the spring you may be SOL. Good Luck.

Back