• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I need some help with some questions

V

vember0

hello,Iam and allways have been intrested in the army, i just got some question i would like some help with . im hoping to join up next year.can anyone give me a heads up as to how and what i need to be capable of doing?physicly i mean. The info I got is that 19 pushups 19 situps and 6 chinups andrun 2.4 km under 12 mins. im pertty sure i need to be capible of more.as of right now i can do no stop 50 pushups 200 situps 7 chinups and the 2.4 in 10 mins 30 sec.is that good or bad?and another problem. i have 20/65 vision in my left eye and 20/30 in the right but with glasses its allmost perfect. will that cut it?
If someone could help me out id be extremely greatfull because ive allways wanted to be in the infantry

sorry for the stupid questions, Brett

Sounds like you are a poster-child for the infantry. Your basic PT level is far above what is expected from a Private Recruit at St-Jean. Don‘t worry too much about the vision issue, so long as it is correctable to 20/20 it‘s fine for every trade (except Pilot).

really? awsome, i never talked to someone that knows much about this stuff my brother was in the air force, but thats about it.ive allways been in to shooting a survival in the outdoors.and ive allways wanted to be a solider(maybe a sniper one day:) only a year ago i got in to physical training, i didnt think id be good enough at it(considering a year ago i wieght 250 lbs at 5‘7" now im 160lbs :) .and my vision is not quite 20/20 i think my right is 20/20 and my left eye is 20/25, i just found the note from my eye doctor

Brett

On my course this past summer, we never had a PT test. The only PT requirements that I had to meet was the test at the recruiting center where you have to do 19 push-ups, 19 sit-ups (in under 1 minute), and do this stair walking thing (which is extremely easy and I think it‘s only for taking your pulse).

Back