• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I GOT A CALL FOR the NOAB" Threads

Hey guys, i am just curious if they have had the NOAB for 2007 yet? or if anyone hear a word on when the next NOAB will be.

thanks

They've already run one through the west coast here...  I believe the next one is in Halifax, but you'd have to check with your recruiter to find out for sure.  Good luck,

T

IIRC, It was around the middle of March...  I was in the middle of MARS III, so dates got quite blurry for a while there...

T

chemical_general said:
Hey guys, i am just curious if they have had the NOAB for 2007 yet? or if anyone hear a word on when the next NOAB will be.

thanks

According to RUMINT (rumour) they are considering an NOAB 2007 in the June/July timeframe and
you should be ready just in case. That would get us on to BOTP in September if we are selected.
But this is just unconfirmed info at this point.
((Did you want to post your Email on your profile in case either of us gets any more info. At least
until they replace the server..this system is taking forever.))
;)

Latest information indicates next NOAB is scheduled for June 18-22 in Esquimalt.

Recruiting indicated to me that people for the NOAB will be advised anywhere from a month to the week before
the board.

NOAB 18-22 June Esquimalt Any one else going??
I guess not to many future Sailors make it to this site but if so, is anybody else scheduled for this
upcoming NOAB??
Can anyone offer any other info i.e., SIP forcasts?  2007, how many slated for this NOAB and how many
expected to qualify? Is there a number of IAP/BOTC slots already reserved for these people in the Fall?
Any info would be appreciated

just wondering (and too lazy to look through the search) what do you cover (or tested on ) for the NOAB's?

Rowshambow said:
just wondering (and too lazy to look through the search) what do you cover (or tested on ) for the NOAB's?

See Reven re Naval Officer Assessment Board 24 Oct 2006 and references to MOST

As noted by Cayuga:
It is a pattern recognition, mental math and learning speed test. You could do some IQ Tests as a warm up and then do some mental math review. Go over things like multiplication in your head and divide big numbers by other numbers, like how many times does 17 go into 374? It is a timed test so you have to be quick about it.

All I remember is that all the candidates for MARS at my NAOB did it first, and they had a wide range of university degrees but not too many math intensive ones and not all recent grads. A lot of them came out complaining how tough it was and how they ran out of time.  Then the next day the engineers took the test and most of us were fresh out of university and we zipped through it with no problems, waiting around for each timed period to end so we can go onto the next phase. The difference in outlooks was quiet humorous.

If you want to be a MARS officer, practice mental math, simple things like 3,6,8,9, and 16 times tables, fractions of 60 and math like (5x6)/3  which tells you that your CPA to buoy that is 5 degrees off your starboard bow at 6 miles is 1000 yards, which can alternately be worked out by knowing that 5 is a twelfth of 60 and a twelfth of 6 miles is 1000 yards.

((Also be comfortable with knots speed))

Further, of the 15 or 16 who attended the recent NOAB June 2007 in Esquimalt,
all of the engineers, I think it was five, passed and were selected. Of the remainder half
of them were selected, with a failure rate of fifty per cent.
It has been noted that one can reapply for NOAB again in six months and that
applicants that come for a second NOAB don't have a failure at an earlier one held against them.

Hey ive gone through the forums and checked out info related to all general MARS officer questions ( at leats what i could find using the search tool and scaning some more specific threads). I have done some looking around but still have some questions (before i get to these questions, if you would like to mention this has already been answered some where else on the forums, please send a link to post with these answers [seems to be a small issue on other threads where i keep seeing people mentiong this has been answered but no helpful links). Any how I thank you ahead of time for any info you can give me. (If you would rather send me an e-mail with info, you can contact me at dominomorphious@hotmail.com)

Q1: I have been 100% accepted and passed the simple (for me) test needed for initial acceptance as a MARS officers im waiting for the next NOAB and im from Halifax (so i assume i must go out west from what i read and have been explained about). Does any one have a idea when this will be, my recruiter says to keep calling for updates but has not given me any more information yet.

Q2: For the week that you spend on the other side of coast, do you get paid for your time during the Naval Officer Assesment Board (NOAB) Esquimalt

Q3: Im a DEO (Direct entry officer fresh out of University) ive found general information on officer pay and the pay scales (I assume and realize this varies from position to position) but can some one post or e-mail me what a MARS officer would recieve after basic training as DEO

Q4: More on money, for the scales linked in various forums and on forces.ca site, it shows it in months, im slightly confused: I think it means (correct me if im wrong) that a DEO is C level and would have a base pay of 3XXX  (at 2nd Lt after BOTP) that increase by ~ 200 the next year unless the person gained a rank. Is this true? because the graph seems misleading and looks to appear that this is going up every month until a set number (this seems stupid to assume but again i rather get that 100% cleared, on other forum post it appears that Pay and benefits goes up on the anniversity of your last rank obtained)

Any how i would like to again say thanks in advance for any helpful information, it sucks the recruitment office is closed fri,sat, anhd sunday so i thought i thoughpost some stuff here. Im not too concern with the actual wages but it is interesting to know for myself at least who has a lump syudent loan siting on my shoulder and trying to figure out the best way to be out of debt. Hopefully i do not have to wait too long as i rather join sooner than later. Again so I can pay my loan off faster and also so im not stuck looking for a second part/full time job that I will only be in for a few months any how,

Cheers Guys

I am currently merit listed and waiting on my NOAB and BOTC dates for Navy MARS officer. I wanted to know if anyone else was also waiting or might have been given future dates already for the same training?

Here's to hoping sooner than later! Thanks!  :cdn:

Got my answer from the recruiting office in Montreal this morning actually. Took a few phone calls but here it is for those similarly interested...

Next merit board for MARS Officer sits on Sept 13th for pre-selection. After which all chosen candidates will be given the dates of 2nd week of October for the NOAB in Esquimalt, BC.

Man im glad i check the forums, im in the exact same boat (eg. Was waiting to find out when i leave for NOAB and Basic).
I posted a few questions on another forum post ( http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/59831.0.html ) about NOAB but got no replies.

Here some of the ones im still fairly curious about:

1) For the week that you spend on the other side of coast, do you get paid for your time during the Naval Officer Assesment Board (NOAB) Esquimalt

2) Im a DEO (Direct entry officer fresh out of University) ive found general information on officer pay and the pay scales (I assume and realize this varies from position to position) but can some one post or e-mail me what a MARS officer would recieve after basic training as DEO

I would like to thank you again for posting the info you found online, I was frustrated in trying to figure out if I should find a better paying/ second job while i waited, since my recruiting centre told me they usually do not find about the next NOAB until the week before hand. I was also told that * you do not have to go to NOAB if they decide to recruit you straight in * (This will not happen with me I don't think but i thought i post that this does happen for those who where confused...It mostly for those who have a history with the forces.

Well see you in a few months...

Domino_Morphious said:
Man im glad i check the forums, im in the exact same boat (eg. Was waiting to find out when i leave for NOAB and Basic).
I posted a few questions on another forum post ( http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/59831.0.html ) about NOAB but got no replies.

Here some of the ones im still fairly curious about:

1) For the week that you spend on the other side of coast, do you get paid for your time during the Naval Officer Assesment Board (NOAB) Esquimalt

2) Im a DEO (Direct entry officer fresh out of University) ive found general information on officer pay and the pay scales (I assume and realize this varies from position to position) but can some one post or e-mail me what a MARS officer would recieve after basic training as DEO

I would like to thank you again for posting the info you found online, I was frustrated in trying to figure out if I should find a better paying/ second job while i waited, since my recruiting centre told me they usually do not find about the next NOAB until the week before hand. I was also told that * you do not have to go to NOAB if they decide to recruit you straight in * (This will not happen with me I don't think but i thought i post that this does happen for those who where confused...It mostly for those who have a history with the forces.

Well see you in a few months...

I can answer question one but for question two there is plenty of information on these boards about pay.  You will not be paid a salary while on the NOAB unless you are already in the military but your accommodation and meals will be paid for by the CF.

Yes exactly, no pay for such but your air fares, food, lodging (everything from A to Z) while you are out for NOAB is covered. As for your pay after, it goes by rank of course. Check out the DND website for pay scales and regulations upon when you receive rank upgrades etc as you complete phases of training.

EDIT: Also, I am not sure if as DEO VS my CEOTP entry changes anything to the dates I gave in my prior posts. They usually don't hand out dates and open spots for programs but I have a liaison with a recruit center officer because of the exceptional wait times (over a year now) on my recruit file.

To those interested, available CEOTP MARS spots were at 20, down from 25, when I received the dates and info posted above.

Happy it helps anyways!

The times should still be the same for DEO and CEOTP, it also makes sense because they had one the other month in Halifax. I was curious about pay during NOAB to compensate for time lost at work. I have check DND website and these forums about pay rates and if I recall right they give an average rate for officers. I was more interested in knowing the variation from this rate being a MARS DEO, that and i found the way they present the info hard to understand (If i recall right column C is usually DEO pay, I see the ranks and i assume pay increases annually but was not postive if this is showing the pay for the month, or the bi month pay (eg: $1 dollar once a month, increased to $2 the annual year (from that rank), or if its this amount being paid once on the 15th then again at the end of the month [which of course is a huge price difference] ). I will have plenty of time to figure out pay & benefits once im in, I just like computing numbers (Like how much of my pay should i be puting towards my loan, savings, etc.).
Fill free to try and figure out what im trying to say, (you may ignore it as well if it too confusing), but yeah a link to a better explanation (that may be already on the forums but i missed) would work great, cheers.

Domino_Morphious said:
I was curious about pay during NOAB to compensate for time lost at work.

As you were told there's no pay during NOAB

It's funny how if you fail in other trades you can go Mars without ever doing any tests.

Back