• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I am a screw up, and kinda scared

Chorn said:
Okay, well let me start off by stating some facts. Everyone who says that the military does not care if you have smoked pot in the PAST is right. If you want to be picky in Canada the Act of possessing small quantities of pot is NOT illegal and being high is NOT illegal. The military only cares if you smoke pot NOW or will continue to do so in the FUTURE.  Zero tolerance policy for drug use etc.

I wish I had known how little the military would care about my past use prior to filling out that form. Knowing would have saved me a lot of heartburn.

I said I was going to come clean and today I did. What exactly was said I don't think I'm supposed to share with anyone. But I can say that tomorrow at 2:30 I have my over the phone update interview. I hope to be Merit Listed shortly afterwards.

How this will effect my position on the Merit List I do not know. Will it haunt me in the future? Possibly, I don't know. I do know that now I don't have to worry about anything being "found" out about me now. I can point at my file and say that is an honest reflection of me.

Coming clean and being honest was worth the risk of having my application terminated.

-Chron

Good job on coming clean.

BUT

possessing marijuana in any amount is illegal, and I am very sure being high is as well.

Sometimes municipal or federal police agencies choose not to arrest people with small amounts of marijuana, but it remains a prosecutable offense.

As it should be.

Good on you for coming clean and hopefully the recruiter can see past the initial lies, that you told the truth and move on from there.  You may get asked what you thought you had to gain from lying about it....just be truthful and hold nothing back.  Something you will learn about if you are able to join the CF (or if you do a bit of internet searching) is the Military Ethos (Duty, Loyalty, Integrity and Courage).  Integrity being a big one.  Good Luck tomorrow and keep us posted.

Good Job on coming clean, least you can take a few breaths now, it also show the integrity to have to come clean on something that was bothering you

Well, I said I would post the outcome of my actions. If anyone has been following some other threads they'll know where I stand. However, I never posted the outcome in this thread.

I was made an offer for Crewman, I accepted. I start BMQ on the 6th of January. I can't wait to get this started. I showed my 3 1/2 year old son a video on youtube of Coyotes and Leopards. I think he is more excited than me.

If there is anything I learned, stand up and admit it, don't ever lie. I should know this, I'm old. I guess every now and again you have to be reminded of the basics.

-Chorn

edited for spelling, oops

Hey good job Chorn, I'm rootin for ya.

Have fun at BMQ man and good on you for your honest actions.

Chorn said:
Well, I said I would post the outcome of my actions. If anyone has been following some other threads they'll know where I stand. However, I never posted the outcome in this thread.

I was made an offer for Crewman, I accepted. I start BMQ on the 6th of January. I can't wait to get this started. I showed my 3 1/2 year old son a video on youtube of Coyotes and Leopards. I think he is more excited than me.

If there is anything I learned, stand up and admit it, don't ever lie. I should now this, I'm old. I guess every now and again you have to reminded of the basics.

-Chorn

Congratulations, man. I was so nervous when I down my drug use on the form, I wasn't sure how I was going to explain to her why I got declined. (never happened, but it was always in the back of my mind)

Chorn said:

If there is anything I learned, stand up and admit it, don't ever lie. I should know this, I'm old. I guess every now and again you have to be reminded of the basics.

-Chorn

edited for spelling, oops

Congrats.

You showed integrity. Having the stones to come clean, knowing full well that cannabis use 10 years ago certainly wouldn't come out in any drug test, shows that you have a decent moral compass.

Good luck at BMQ, then fun starts soon.

Chorn said:
Having a beer with my platoon at the O'Mega Mess, best choice ever
-Chorn

Good stuff.

Some things are worth getting wrapped around the axle, most, in hindsight, simply aren't.

Back