• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How well informed are you all?

P

PTE Fader

About military events that have been going on? I mean, recent CF actions oversea‘s, new equipment put into circulation, politics envolved with the military etc. etc.

By the time it filters down to me it‘s old news. Sometimes I‘ll read the Maple Leaf in the mess, if there‘s nothing else to do, but that‘s about it. And of course, we talk about army stuff all the time. I‘m much more concerned with things at the unit level though. I figure that‘s it the only level at which I can (perhaps) make a difference.

A lot of it is gossip and hearsay, which we try to get to the bottom of (example: the persistent rumour that reg force inf regts are being cut back down to two bn‘s each...a rumour the members of the War Diary sorted out eventually). We read the various newspapers, and get news through our chains of command. There are lots of military resources on the internet, you just have to look for them (many of them, you want a complete picture)!

... and then there are some people who are extremely well versed ...

Here‘s an excellent website: http://www.cfc.dnd.ca/spotlight.en.html

Dileas Gu Brath!
M.B.

"The perfect general would know everything in heaven and earth."
- T.E. Lawrence

Back