• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to be an Officer? Is it hard? (Reserve)

daftandbarmy said:
Nope. I've served with lots of first class 'non-knuckle draggers' in my time. But I prefer that all Officers need to think about their troops first, and their careers somewhere after that. I'm worried that Tom 902 is a little too career focused for a 'newbie'. He should wait until at least reaching the rank of Major before going there! ;D

Career-focused prior to getting in is never a bad thing - one should always have a realisitic idea of what opportunities lie ahead...

To my fellow bean counting major,

I am 3 courses away from completing my degree and with the job market how it is and my passion for the military, I am applying for direct entry officer and I am deciding between Infantry officer and Armoured officer.

I have taken time away from school and gone into the work force and I felt personally I wasn't ready to spend the next 30 or so years behind a desk, you may also get that feeling as well once your out of school. I have decided to use my accounting degree for something it wasn't intended for and see if I have what it takes to handle the responsibility of being an officer in the combat arms.

My potential military career differs from your military aspirations in that I am attracted to learning a skill in which there is no civilian equivalent and that personally is the kind of test I want for myself. I just know I'll regret not trying this out when I am young and have no commitments. My degree will always be there.

Funny to know your classmates and yourself feel the same way about marketing majors and their tests/

Deebs said:
To my fellow bean counting major,

I am 3 courses away from completing my degree and with the job market how it is and my passion for the military, I am applying for direct entry officer and I am deciding between Infantry officer and Armoured officer.

I have taken time away from school and gone into the work force and I felt personally I wasn't ready to spend the next 30 or so years behind a desk, you may also get that feeling as well once your out of school. I have decided to use my accounting degree for something it wasn't intended for and see if I have what it takes to handle the responsibility of being an officer in the combat arms.

My potential military career differs from your military aspirations in that I am attracted to learning a skill in which there is no civilian equivalent and that personally is the kind of test I want for myself. I just know I'll regret not trying this out when I am young and have no commitments. My degree will always be there.

Funny to know your classmates and yourself feel the same way about marketing majors and their tests/

Congratulations. You've passed the slagging test. It sounds like you've got the backbone to succeed!

Deebs said:
Slagging test? what exactly is that?

It's kind of like sarcasm... but not as evil. Careful or we'll have to send you round for an interview with Doug
;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fNvi6xG-5Y

Back